AMEX Probs...help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveyBoy, May 18, 2001.

1. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Ok...hopefully someone can help here...

Mom is finishing up paperwork for her mortgage. She's been asked to retreive proof from her credit card companies that she has a $0 balance.

Out of her 3 cards, 2 have happily faxed her $0 balance report after she paid over the phone.

AMEX claims they CAN'T fax her anything because the payment she made over the phone (via check) 4 days ago is in archives?!?! And could take more than 5 DAYS to retrieve?!?!

I went into her account for her online (w/ her permission of course) and they really don't have a statement like option which shows she has a 0$ balance....

She's afraid her closing date is going to be messed up because of this...can anyone help?!!?

2. river

river Well-Known Member

Try calling Amex Credit Bureau Unit at (954)503.3787. Good Luck!!!!

3. DaveyBoy

Thank you very much river...it appears as though this is exactly the area she needed to get a hold of..

Thanks again...

DB

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

If that doesn't work....how about they fax her a stmt showing her previous balance, then she produce the stmt from her bank, showing the payment/payee to Amex for the balance. That might work.

If none of that works, maybe she should ask the mortgage co what THEY will accept if Amex doesn't cooperate.

And how the HELL can a payment made 4 days ago be in archives? That's BS.

5. DaveyBoy

Shantel:

She and I wondered the exact same thing...it is BS! They even went so far as to say it's only retrievable on MICROFICHE!! I laughed...jerks.

Thanks for the suggestions...I'll pass it along.

(She's regretting this moronic mortgage company, but the one she originally had was full of people with big red noses and oversized shoes.....'nuff said)

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AMEX ON-LINE shows previous balance...and payment on "future statement (like closing date 06/02/2001)...

MAKE A COPY...