Amex question...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Mar 13, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

I have the Amex Optima secure card with almost 6 months of good payments and no lates.I know they don't report to the 3 credit bureaus,but I was curious to know if I apply for any sort of credit and gave the rep the acc't # and phone number to Amex Credit Bureau and have them(ACB) to verify the acc't history.Will theyand what is your opinion?

2. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. The 'new' credit card company has their own policies (i.e., pull a report from one or more of the CRA's), and asking them to forego that policy and ONLY call some 'Amex Credit Bureau' for determining credit risk doesn't sound logical.

3. river

river Well-Known Member

Sorry for not being clear w/?

I certainly would expect them to pull a credit report.I was just asking if this would be possible in addition to pulling credit report. I wouldn't even think of just using this when I also have three positive tradelines on credit reports. I was just thinking of a way to include the Amex Optima secure card in the "deciding factor",since they don't report.

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: Sorry for not being clear

How about getting an account history from AmEx? See if that can be considered as alternate credit?
    If people can have us (the place I work) write letters of account history from furniture to buy a house you would think that a credit card could do the same for another credit card

am