AMEX Secured Optima Doesn't Re

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Keith, Jul 13, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith Guest

After reading a news article that stated that AMEX has not been reporting to the credit agencies( I read it at www.bankrate.com) I called their customer service number 1-800-628-2244. The rep assured me that AMEX reports (hmmm.. I don't know about that). The rep told me to call 954-503-3787 and speak with AMEX's "credit bureau dept". I did and they told me that AMEX does report for all cards EXCEPT the Secured Optima! She said that the Secured Optima was designed only to establish a history with AMEX and therefore AMEX DOES NOT REPORT SECURED OPTIMA accounts to the credit agencies. She also said that if the account is maintained in good condition a regular account could be offered. One problem...she did not know how long the secured account had to be maintained! Could take years! So if you are planning to use this card to build credit history... IT WONT HAPPEN!

2. walko

walko Guest

no credit check& no bank a

Are there any credit cards that can be obtained without a bank account and no credit check?

3. Keith

Keith Guest

RE: no credit check& no ba

I don't know of any. May be someone else does.

4. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

I know for a fact that Sterling Silver Secured Card is guaranteed (like Net 1st) but only requires you open a savings account WITH THEM.

check them out at http://www.sterlingbank.com/securedcard/apply/index.asp?sourceid=00299556470963433164

5. walko

walko Guest

thanks...do you know if they pull credit reports?

6. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

I would imagine they do as they report to the 3 CRA's. But this would be done only AFTER you have already have your account set up.

As their site states

* Your APPROVAL IS GUARANTEED. If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident, 18 years or older, have a Social Security
    number, a verifiable permanent U.S. home address, and you open your Sterling Secured Savings account - you are approved.

This leaves absolutely no doubt. So obviously they could care less if you just declared bankruptcy or have 20 recent collections and write-offs.

7. walko

walko Guest

Thank you, Steven!