Amex secured

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shawn, Dec 2, 2000.

1. Shawn

Shawn Guest

does anyone know if there is any criteria for Amex even though it is secured? Thanks

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

you can never have stiffed AMEX in the past.
    They may issue a mew card is the past problems was paid off to AMEX.

3. Shawn

Shawn Guest

I never had Amex ever. Still have some late pays on credit though.....

4. Killer

Killer Guest

Dogman..Maye We Impose?

Dogman,

If possible can you talk with the rep who helped you get your AMEX Green Card and ask for clarity on the possible new secured card? I know you probably have read all the posts, if not please read them to see what I am referring to. If talking to your contact is not possible, we certainly understand.

Thanks

By the way..I'm loving my AMEX checking account! Now I need to add a card!

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Killer did you see my post

earlier today? There is indeed a new secured Blue card. Your credit line is 150% of your deposit. Apr is prime +8.25%. There is a $25 application fee and they say they will unsecure it if after 1 yr the account is in good standing. Only problem is they said they didn't have any apps on hand. Will send one out once they come in.

6. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Killer did you see my post

Yep I saw the post. I did talk to an AMEX rep who said he was mailing me an app. But it's still confusing because Jason just posted that it's a secured Optima! Oh well I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's something! LOL..Hopefully Jason can clear this up on Monday.

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

They told me today that the secured Optima was no more. I'm beginning to think that no one at AmEx knows what is going on. By the way, how did you get them to send you an app? I was told they didn't have them yet.

8. Killer

Killer Guest

She said that her computer had an option to input callers name and address for an application to be mailed. I actually questioned her LOL..anyway she said she was sure and the computer told her that I am being mailed an app. She said wait 5 to 7 business days.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Killer what phone

number did call to order an application?

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Dogman..Maye We Impose?

I can call her and tell her there is a lot of interest.
    I saw Jason's response as well.

I may snap back.
    CYA Dogman

11. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Killer what phone

Ikh am so sorry. I have over 5 different numbers for AMEX and I honestly don't remember which I called at that time!

12. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Dogman..Maye We Impose?

Thanks a million! Yea Jason responded after I decided to ask you. However, the more information we can get the better. Thanks Again.