Amex Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

I have Gold Charge Card for almost 4 years now. I always keep checking online if I have pre-approved on my account. I never got the screen that I have pre-approved for any Amex cards. This morning I call CS to check he also didn't see any pre-approved offer on my account. Only gave me 1 year waive fee for additional card ($35.00).

Anyway, I decided to apply Amex Platinum Cash Rebate online and got instant approval with only $3200 credit limit. For me it's kind of low credit limit.

Should I call and ask to increase right away? or Should I wait for 6 months.?

Most of the CC I have it's at least $7000.00 CL.

Thanks

2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Unless you have another AMEX credit card like Blue, I would wait a few months before requesting the credit increase because it shows them that you can handle a big credit line well after making a few payments on time.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats AUX!!! Not sure about the increase advice, just wanted to send you my congrats:)

Mom

4. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Thanks Mike for your input. I will wait for a while then.

Thanks Momof3, Congratulations to u too about Green Amex.

Aux

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks!

Do you know what your FICO score is?

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Apply for an increase right now.

Their credit increase policies are very lenient during the first 30 days of the account. It's a matter of corporate policy.

Call Amex and ask to speak with the New Accounts department. Then ask for a re-evaluation of your credit line. Do not hesitate to ask to speak w/ a New Accounts Supervisor, if necessary.

Saar

7. Saar

Saar Banned

BTW - You better use your new card as a charge card, or else the interest rate would outweigh any cash rebate you may earn.

Saar

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks Saar, I just called the New Accouts Department and they said they will review my account and I will have to call back tomorrow to find out. They also ask me How much i want. I said at least $10,000.00. Let see tomorrow.

Thanks again.

9. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

I got it!

Finally, They increase my credit line to $7000.00. The CS is awesome.