AmEx turned me down :-(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PsychDoc, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

MP$40 <-----Is :-(

Just got off the phone with new accounts. My application was declined pretty much!

Reasons:

2 Collection accounts (in dispute status). 1 is a fraudulent account that is being removed and the other is an account that was negotiated for removal. So no worries there.

1 Account with late payments (they thought the lates were current but they aren't. They are from those Ford Credit lying bas*****! The lates on my report say they are from 97 but Am/Ex can't see that. They assume that the lates are current since Ford is STILL reporting the account as of 6/01! :-||
    That's the kind of stuff that makes you wanna pull a Timothy McVey!

Balance to limit rations at 65%. They like to see no higher than 40%. I explained to her that my balances are high because since I have up my AU Gold charge that I've had to use my other cards. I generally charge them high and pay then almost all the way off. She was like, oh....that makes sense.

She also stated that my account as AU and my Optima account were factored. So that's good. I explained to her my turmoil and she is going to work with me to get something resolved. She gave me her direct extention and instructed me to wait for my application to be finalized. Once I get the denial letter in the mail I am to call her so she can proceed. She can't proceed until the letter is issued. I asked her if this was a lost cause and she said no! If it was, she wouldn't be wasting her time trying to help me. So I guess there's still some hope. I think she felt bad for me after I explain all of the hassle I went through.

What's the big deal anyway? It's just a freakin CHARGE CARD???? It's not like I'm asking for REVOLVING account w/ $20k limit! Geez! She agreed with me. So they are extending credit to me for what? 30 days (or however long)??? BFD!!!!!

Oh well...I'll just follow along with what she instructed me to do. We'll see what happens. I will keep you all posted and thanks for listening to me whine! I'll get a card from them one day.....even if I have to beat it outta them! ;-)