Amex warning

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

This is a warning for anyone considering dealing with Amex Credit Bureau Unit.

If you think you're going to get the same kind of service you get from your Amex CS reps, think again.

The agents there are rude, incompetent, unhelpful, and some barely know English. They really couldn't care less about the cardmember. I was surprised to find those standards at an Amex department.

This is not a single agent I'm referring to; by now I've talked with quite a few. I think Amex senior management needs to know what's going on there. They should realize that spending lots of $$$ on training CS reps is futile, if cardmembers are treated like #$%& at this particular department.

Well, as they say, there's always room for improvement :)

Saar

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow! Are you kidding? Can you go further into detail? Why did you have to call them? I'm sorry to hear this about Am/Ex....but they are so *on the ball* when it comes to other stuff???

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Credit Bureu Unit?

What is the credit bureu unit and why are you talking with them?

4. shulamite

shulamite Guest

Saar,

My mom is having some problems with AMEX and her credit report. What is the direct number to the Credit Bureau Dept. and do you have a person you could recommend she speak to?

Thanks,

shulamite

5. Saar

Saar Banned

shulamite wrote:
    "What is the direct number to the Credit Bureau Dept."

The number for Amex CB Unit is: 954-503-3787. The Unit is open weekdays from 09:00-17:00, except for Tuesdays, 09:00-16:00 EST.

"do you have a person you could recommend she speak to?"

Yes, Kenneth Chenault, Amex President. Make sure he knows what Amex cardmembers this of that particular unit.

Saar

6. shulamite

shulamite Guest

Thank you, Saar!

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

SAAR?

SAAR - You and I love AMEX. What are you
    trying to do? Why not explain why you are dealing with this dept?

We don't have enough information yet.
    Dogman