AMEX website

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi all, has anyone logged into the website to check pre-approval offers? Did anyone get pre-approvals for any of the cards? I got an offer to get a second Blue card. I don't know exactly what this means because you can always add someone as an AU to this card. I wish it said: "pre-approved for Gold or Platinum.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think that's the default "feel good" offer if they haven't preapproved you for another card. :)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CLICK ON APPLY FOR A CARD (LEFT SIDE)
    already card member log in now
    says add second AMEX BLUE
    click on "GO" (wide range of cards)
    lick on "LEARN MORE" AMEX GOLD
    scroll down 3/4 on left side
    look for "ACCEPT PRE-APPROVAL" in blue box
    if it is there...click on it!!!
    very limited questions...

IF YOU DON'T GET AN INSTANT ANSWER
    CALL 1-800-641-2400 8AM-9PM M-F---NEW YORK TIME
    GOOD LUCK

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Are these pre-approvals real?

It says accept Pre-Approval for each of their cards. Even ones I've been denied for recently...

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think only the preapprovals that you receive on the FIRST page are actual pre approved. I only get that I can add someone to my green card, of course it's new I didn't expect anything anyway just wanted to check for future reference, but if you go the second page it all says preapproved which I know isn't correct LOL, I was preapproved for all:)

Yes I believe if you have any ready offers they appear in the first page.

Mom

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Looks like no pre-approval offers for me, but I'm not disappointed at all because I applied and got Optima Platinum a few months ago (didn't get a pre-approval for this). It looks like I just have to apply and wait a few days. Does anyone know if Rewards Plus Gold has instant approval? I wasn't instantly approved for Optima Platinum, but I did get the card in about a week.