amex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by confused, Mar 2, 2001.

1. confused

confused Guest

It's funny. I usually add at least one "invitation" to apply for some platinum credit card to the recycle or trash can e every other day. Now they're leaving me emails with regularity and it is so tempting to apply! I don't need another inquiry on my report, so I'll politely decline as many a creditor has done to me.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Lately Capital One has been sending me *re-consider our offer* emails. I applied for their secured card in 8/00 and got an offer of $200 limit for $199 deposit! I even sent the check but then after thinking about it, I called and canceled my application and they sent me my money back. Now they are emailing me to let me know that the offer still stands until 8/01 and all I have to do is fill out and send the deposit slip that they have provided along w/ my check for $199! Thanks but no thanks....but nice effort though.

3. mimi

mimi Guest

$1 spending limit????

I would at least try to neg a higher credit limit. Cap1 really has some nerve.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: $1 spending limit????

a security deposit is 100% refundable, and unlike aria, is not charged as an interest-expense.

You'll get your $199 back promptly, whenever you close the account. Plus the going interest rate.