AMEXOL ISP update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jason-AMEX, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

For all those who have this service and are wondering what is up with the recent changes, here is what I have found:

The rate structure is as follows:
    - First 35 hours of usage a month is free,

- $1.99 for each hour of additional usage.

Note: Starting April 15, 2001, Users will get a pop-up message
    box with the fee information. They must accept the new terms
    before using the service.

So, it is true that free ISP is done away with. I know that this sucks, especially since you are billed by hour and do not have unlimited access unlike most other competitive offers out there. They just found that it was not profitable to offer free ISP (in fact cost money).

2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

So I guess the era of free, unlimited internet access is over. Time to upgrade to cable or DSL.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

How much is AT&T Broadband per month? Did you pay for the cable modem?

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Most broadband is $40/month plus $9 cable modem rental fee. Expect to see the prices go up soon. A little birdy told me :) Expect to see alot of ISP prices going up by the folks who plan to stay in business..

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I already uninstalled my Amex ISP, 1.99 an hour I don't think so. With 4 computers users in the family 35 hours is gone in less than a week.

Mom

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY AT&T@HOME IS $41.95
    DEAL I GOT WAS FREE INSTALL
    FIRST MONTH FREE

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I got the same thing as GEORGE. I pay $39.95 plus tax and I don't know what the deal is with the modem and don't care. The modem is a digital Broadband by RCA. I know I don't pay extra for it but I think that it's AT&T's property so if I don't want the service, I have to give it back. Not sure though. The service is the BOMB! SUPER FAST!!!!!! No need to worry about getting an extra phone line or your tying up your regular phone.