AmexOL..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Jan 18, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

Finally bought myself a computer with my optima card and connected on with Amex online and have had a hell of a time getting and staying online. Have kept a hot-line to the Amex technicians and was told today that the problem was with the ISP and themodum.THey say ISP"s are becoming obsolete with cable companies taking over. So, called back this p.m. to ask about cable connecting after I had already connected with cable company and was told that AmexOL only works on phone line(ISP). What a @!#$!!!!!!! Thank goodness 4 AOL.N e suggestions?????I like the search engine on AmexOL(goggles).What about their disc,will it work ? I wouldn't need an ISP(phoneline)?????

2. Laura

Laura Guest

you can go to your options and make google.com your opening browser page, therefore being able to use it all the time for your search engine. That can be done on any computer no matter what connection you are using.

3. Laura

Laura Guest

if you are on AOL right now and need help, IM me at LauraS529 and I can talk you thru it, very easy to change. no credit whiz, but I'm a computer whiz...lol

4. river

river Well-Known Member

My problem laura is simply this,I am computer illeriate and I screwed up somewhere and now I can't open no page whatever without this page coming up saying:This page can be open or this pageis......This computer is program with WINDOWSme edition and I bought a book for computer dummies,but don't understand computer terminology.

5. river

river Well-Known Member

My problem laura is simply this,I am computer illeriate and I screwed up somewhere and now I can't open no page whatever without this page coming up saying:This page cannot be open or this page is......This computer is program with WINDOWSme edition and I bought a book for computer dummies,but don't understand computer terminology.I think I locked the damn thng up

6. Laura

Laura Guest

River, I have windows 2000 ME Edition also. I will be online for awhile. If you need help just IM me, I'll be glad to help you.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

win2k is not winme :)

winme is basically windows 98 with the win2k interface :)

8. Laura

Laura Guest

I thought he said he had windowsme meaning windows ME....my mistake sorry

9. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Try Dogpile to search - you will never go back to google.

-Alwilda Smith

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Tell me more River!

River - I build aLOT of internet for the largest internet company.

I know the AMEX client.
    My impression is that you DL the program again - or ask for a disc.

I think when you reinstall, all other programs shut down, it'll synch with your modem full time.

Let us know - Dogman

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Download Again and Setup

River - I am certain that if you download again, all other programs shut off first - you will get a clean installation.

Obviously the moden did work a portion of the time. Give it a shot
    CYA Dogman

12. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: Download Again and Setup

Thanks Dogman,it worked and everything is clicking fine:>).

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GREAT RIVER :)

Now - when you are online, you will get the great ads - upscale ads, but ADS :(

1. Get on the internet - any page ok,
    2. Hit control-alt-delete

a menu opens and you will see the word GLUon
    3. You will see GLUon highlighted, if not
    click on the GLUon bar.

4. Click end task
    5. Close
    6. No ADS, free Amex online :)

Let me know - Saar on the Board here told me how to turn off the ads. THX Saar :)

Always happy to answer most computer or network questions.

CYA Dogman