Annual Fees

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CCMax, Feb 7, 2001.

1. CCMax

CCMax Guest

Hi all,

Is it a given that prime credit folks don't do annual fees? And does it matter whether the annual fee is charged at once or staggered about the year? I've been looking at the offers that have been coming in lately, and it seems the new trick is to make high annual fees more palatable by dividing them and charging them over 12 months. What's the deal?

CC

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

CC,

WOW, dividing the anual fee over 12 months? That's pretty outrageous!

The only bank I've ever seen do that is 1st Premier. With them, I was paying a $5 monthly charge.

Currently, I have three prime cards: Citi, Chase and Union Plus from Household Bank. My citi card is the only one with an annual fee and that's because of the milage feature.

Amex is certainly a great card and I think it comes with annual fees, the platinum in particular.

Hold out for a card that you don't have to pay a yearly charge on, if that's what you want. Such cards are certainly out there.

Donna

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: cap 1 is on to this monthl

Their new policy is $4 or $2/month for annual fees! I hate it ,nothing pisses me off more than paying off my account in full, then getting a $4/fee slapped back on the account.

I called them up and they took the $4/month fee, and turned it into a $24 yearly fee, with a $100 line increase to boot, so it doesnt affect my credit line.

:)