Another Amex question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am still a little confused about Amex billing cycle, how many days is it? Now my closing statement date was 3/24/01 and it stated my bill was due 04/09/01. So will roughly the 24 of every month be my closing date and payments will be do around the 9 of the following month? I just want to be sure of the billing cycle. I had charges 3/12, 3/15 and 3/21 all due on 4/09 . So will this time frame be my billing cycle, for instance if I charged something tomorrow 3/27 will that close approximately 4/24 due around 5/09??

Thanks just trying to set up my budget.

Mom:)

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

You are correct w/ everything that you stated above.

My billing cycle ends on the 9th and is due on the 25th. For example:

If I charge on 3/6, 3/7, 3/8, 3/10.........the first three charges will be due on 3/25. The last charge will be due on 4/25.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks MP, I just wanted to be sure.

Mom:)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

posted payment

It stated it normally takes 2 business days to post payment, has that been your experience??

Thanks
    Mom

5. Cadillac408

Re: posted payment

I just paid my payment today this morning 1 day late! :-( They don't trip on that though.......they only trip when you haven't paid your bill by the next closing cycle. For example:

Bill due 3/25 and it's 4/7 and you still haven't paid (cycle ends 4/9). THEY WILL CALL YOUR HOUSE to inquire about where the money is. One time I paid my bill minus $500 in fraud charges but miscalculated by $100 somehow and they called like 2 days before the billing cycle ended to inquire about the $100. I went over the bill with them and realized that I was off by $100 and immediately went to the *pay bill* section on the internet and zapped them $100. The money was taken out of my bank account the NEXT DAY!!! Talk about fast.

6. Cadillac408

Also...

Say you make a payment on your due date at like 11:59pm, it will show that you paid ON YOUR DUE DATE....not the next day. Now, if you make a payment at 11:59pm, I don't think that they money will be taken out of your bank account the next day. Probablly the following day. I would like to know too what the cut off time is for payments to post the following day? I made my payment this morning at the crack of dawn so I know the money will be out of my account tomorrow.

7. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Yes..

Yes..this is a good thing about Charge Card. Last year, I paid late (15 days after Due Date) I called CS, She said that's fine as long as I paid before the next closing date.

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Yes..

Mom, I bet you were grinning from ear to ear when you made those purchases with that card weren't you? Come on, tell the truth....LOL
    ;-)

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Miles

Actually Miles those were membership fees hubbys and I and reward membership, I did use the card today and I was smiling:)

Mom

10. me

me Well-Known Member

Re: Miles

I've been a Amex member for years and although they put the due date as 15 days after the closing dates, they give you a grace period until the next billing cycle to pay. I've been doing this for years and never had a problem.