Another cap1/PF/Mr. Cooke success

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by romanduv, Sep 5, 2001.

1. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thanks for the many posts on this board about Planetfeedback and Capital one. Based on your advice, and the very helpful Mr. Cooke, I got all my terms improved on a secured visa.

APR 19.8 ==> 15.9
    Limit 200 ==> 500
    Annual fee ==> refunded
    Security Deposit ==> returned.

I used my brand new Citi Platinum Select as leverage, saying that this is the type of card I have becomed accustomed to :)

The only thing that sounded fishy in my conversation with Mr. Cooke, is his insistence that he cannot go over the $500 limit for "this type of account", but he did say to try again in 6-9 months.

Anybody else hit that type of response?

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

Just spoke to Mr. Cooke yesterday and did this for me:

APR 24.99 (Default APR) => 14.99
    CL $500 => $1500
    Annual Fee => No annual fee

My wife had been with Cap1 for 4 years and two years ago had a few lates and they defaulted here APR and never lowered it. Also she had the same crappy CL since then. Mr. Cooke is da bomb! Go to the point of hating the co and had many unplesant convo's with the CSR's. He made the difference!

---> Zaphod ;')

3. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

My wife's account was not secured though.

---> Zaphod ;')

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

And he called me today and unsecured one of my cards and added $300 limit increase to each of my cards.

Pretty neat.

5. Nia

Nia Well-Known Member

Yes Mr. Cooke is the Bomb! He credited my account for EVERYTHING...He told me to call back also for an increase in 6-9 months. I have had my Gold mastercard for a lil over a year now with no increase. I called yesterday and a rep told me to call back in November for my increase and I would have no problem! I only have a $200 cl now. I'm loving my CAP 1 card now.

Seems like Mr. Cooke is a busy man. Just on this board alone I have read many posts saying that he is doing a great job and helping people out.

Wish everyone was this easy.

6. success

success Member

Re: Another cap1/PF/Mr. Cooke succe

Mr. Cooke is the Bomb. I just hung up the telephone with him and I was able to get a 13.9% APR and a $1000.00 increase in my credit limit.
    Needless to say, I am very pleased with Capital One.

Success