Another Citi question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

they said that they have to verify address and phone and all that...well, they never called and this week we get a letter in the mail saying that they need verification. The card is in my boyfriend's name, but the phone bill is in mine...it doesn't have his name on it at all. Will that still be ok?
    Thanks for the help!

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Did you apply for the silver (regular) or for the Gold?

Common belief is that if you apply for the Gold, they are more likely to require verification.

Saar

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Here's your answer.

MY gf had the same problem.

She called, they said "We just wanted to see if you could if you could obtain this item". They took the fax of the phone bill in my name, and gave her the card in about 10 business days.

ALSO!!!! Why you are there, make sure you get the right card, they sent her a "CLIK" citi which of course can only be used online :)

4. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

It doesn't matter if you applied for the siver or gold, Citi is stange,.
    My hubby was approved for a gold account 20 Sept and then we turned around and applied for the Platinum, it was declined. A week later we applied for the regular advantage, and it was declined because of the 60 wait. So we waited 60 days, and as of the 1st of this month, applied for the siver card again. Was told further processing. We called a few days ago and we were told that they needed to verify the phone number. DUH????? We told them that my hubby as a gold account and nothing has changed since he got that account 2 months ago, and we were told that they couldn't consider that account because it wasn't 6 months old yet. Now that's strange. So anyway, she gave us the address to mail an original phone bill and told us once they recieve it, the account will be opened and cards will be issued. Fine. The next day we get the letter in them mail, (she also told us it had been mailed out) but the letter was requiring: original phone bill, a copy of anther utility bill, and a copy of a recent pay stub. Now, I really don't understand them. I wish the lady on the phone would have said all of that was needed before I sent them the phone bill. Well anyway, we don't have a problem with giving them what they are requesting, but what's the need when he already have an account with them?

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Weird. call them up.

The reps will treat you like gold!

The lady explained what they needed, why they needed it, and where to fax it too..

odd though...

I wonder if they consider an upgraded AA (to platinum) a different product :)

6. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I suppose it should be OK if you live together. I got the same letter from Citi when I applied for their platinum select, called them back, verified the phone number and address and got approved on the spot for $1200 credit line. The card came in the mail about 10 days after that