Another claim against experian and

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Oct 12, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

gulf state. Gulf state entered a collection on my reports in July. I disputed it and experian deleted it. I also sent gulf state the validation and estoppel which they still have not responded to either in 50 days. Tonight via credit expert I find out it is being reported again. Experian as of now has not notified me of the reinsertion, another violation for my lawsuit. It also is being reported as last updated in august. How can that be?
    As far as gulf state goes, re-reporting during the validation period is a violation of the FDCPA. I have already filed a complaint with my state banking dep't. and I will update it on Monday. I am going to do whatever I can to nail gulf state - those miserable sob's.

So I now have more ammo for credit data southwest and will ask my atty. to update the lawsuit. Still nothing on the transfer.

2. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. An account goes away, only to be replaced with a similar account and number, "supposedly" reported by the original creditor. See my rant about Experian earlier today.......

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

And today I find out when I got my updated equifax report that gulf state has the same exact account listed 2 times. Equifax says I need to dispute it to remove it. It is blatantly obvious that these are identical accounts. Gulf State is really looking for trouble. I've already filed a complaint with the state banking dep't and they still have not responded to either the validation letter or the estoppel.

4. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I actually have a lawsuit against Gulf State. They have reinserted an account on my Equifax report that was deleted last spring. It was bad enough when it showed up, but now it has been added a second time. They are also reporting them 120 days late with a zero balance. Doesn't seem possible to me, LOL. I am considering requesting a change of venue from small claims to county court so I can up the amount of the lawsuit.

P.S. I have a suspicion that they are intionally reporting everyone 120 days late even if the account is paid in full. Does everyone that has a Gulf State account that shows paid have a 120 days late status? I would like to know so I can have more ammo for the lawsuit. To me that would be a gross violation of the FCRA if they are intentionally reporting inaccurate information on everyone's report.

5. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

My hubby has a Gulf state on his CR (only on Experian) that for some reason shows status: transferred and its in the POSITIVE section so we haven't disputed it...lol.
    I have a question though, I had late payments and delinquencies on my report that weren't late and the CC wasn't even mine. Legally what can do? I bought a car BEFORE I noticed all this and have since cleaned them off, Personally I think I would have a lower interest rate on my car if this crap hadnt been falsely reported to begin with. Any suggestions?
    Kellie

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

They are showing me 90 days late, which is kind of amusing since they didn't notify me until August 17 and only after I wrote them a validation letter.