Another Credit Card Board for

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jay, May 24, 2000.

1. Jay

Jay Guest

HI,

I was wondering if anybody had any idea if the was similar resource for obtaining canadian credit cards (secured)?

I've been searching for months.

Thanks

2. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: Another Credit Card Board

To start with your first query no there is no Canadian credit message board. While its "possible" I may be mistaken I have yet to hear anything about one. The reason this is so is probably because of the small size of the market, or perhaps because complaints are handled better by the various creditors and government agencies (unlike here) thus the lack of the need. Whatever the case there just aren't any.

Now the crux.

Jay, your search is futile the only secured credit cards for Canadians (outside of offshore cards which are available to everyone regardless of citizenship) are issued by the banks there is no sub-prime credit industry in Canada.

On this site you will find under the secured card listings some Canadian banks and their phone numbers. I cannot really say what their policies are other i.e. those with damaged credit. Nor what kind of minimum deposit is required, I recall from an old listing on this site that the banks were asking anywhere from two to five thousand though this "may" have changed. Although I have read recently that you still must put up $125 for every $100 you receive on the secured card.

It would be interesting to hear your results and get more up-to-date news.

3. Stranger

Stranger Guest

RE: Another Credit Card Board

Hi Jay,

There is no canadian board that i know right now. Me to i'm looking for one.

For secured credit card there is a company in Canada it Hometrust Canada .

You can find there website at : http://www.hometrust.ca

Stranger.

Jay wrote:
    -------------------------------
    HI,

I was wondering if anybody had any idea if the was similar resource for obtaining canadian credit cards (secured)?

I've been searching for months.

Thanks