Another ?, I'm just full of th

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Now most have said that being an AU on someone's account does nothing to help your individual scores, but I notice than on EQ and TU they show you debt/ratios, and my hubby is an AU on 2 of my accounts and these limits and balances reflect in his overall ratios, which i believe is a scoring factor?? So just curious if they do or do not help. I have paid off one of those and plan of paying off other by end of the year.

Thanks again'Mom:)

2. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Another ?, I'm just full o

Mom, I don't care what anyone has told you about an "AU", it doesn't help that persons score. I know first hand. If you don't want thet debt reported on your husband, them remove him. He can also show proof that he is not responisible for the debt. To make a long story short, when one does a snapshot of someone's credit history and they are and "AU", that's not subtracted from that persons total debt. It's no biggie for the big things, (ie. mortage), only the samll things, (ie. other credit cards).

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lady, I was hoping it did since the 2 accounts he is the AU one will be paid off, oh well back to the drawing board:(

Mom

4. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Why do you say back to the drawing board. Of course his score will increase a little by that account being paid off. It just show that he's not liable for that debt. Mom it's a good thing. :)

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Oh ok, i was thinking that them being paid off wouldn't affect his scores??

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom, The same person that I mentioned in the posting below stated just the opposite. He claims that AU is what contributed most to his 700 scores. You might want to check out Dan Degraffs postings at qualitycreditrepair.
    If I knew someone with decent credit I would do it. But I dont.

Warning. I would read only the June, July, Aug postings. The later postings were basically fights and useless. Happy reading.

roni,

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Now most have said that being an AU on someone's account does nothing to help your individual scores, but I notice than on EQ and TU they show you debt/ratios, and my hubby is an AU on 2 of my accounts and these limits and balances reflect in his overall ratios, which i believe is a scoring factor?? So just curious if they do or do not help. I have paid off one of those and plan of paying off other by end of the year.

Thanks again'Mom:)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

thanks Roni, I will check them out:)

8. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

The way I understand it is that the CRA's have started calculating au's as co-applicants because a lot of card companies were just reporting co-applicants as au's. If you ask me, this is all good, and no bad, because if the account is derog, or goes derog later, you can always dispute it since you have no obligation on the account, but you can reap the rewards if it is a positive account.