another line increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Julie, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Julie

Julie Guest

Well, as I said last week, I have a $200 gold unsecured Cap one. I had tons of overlimits and lates, ONLY on that card, my others are perfect. Anyway, I had the card 7 months, but never got increase( I didn't deserve it though), and I called last week, got $100 increase. Then, I called last night, got another $200. THEN, he told me to call back in 24 hours, to get another increase. I did, just awhile ago, got another $100. So, my point is this: alot of people here talk about the SIX month clock, but I got three increases in a week. Not only that, but my payments were always late, and I was over my limit by $200!!. I talked to retention each time, to get my increases. I was told that I can call anytime, not 6 months. Julie

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

From what I've read on this board, I guess Cap One is stingy when it comes to their secured cards, but are generous when it comes to their gold Card. I wonder why. Maybe because they figure a secured customer is more risky than an unsecured.

I have a $200 secured MC through them and I've only had it for about 1.5-2 months. I haven't called in for anything, but I might do so once I figure out what their system is.

Has anyone had any luck negotiating with Cap One's secured card?

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

If you call every six months they will increase your line by $300 each (for the secured card)

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Geo...

Is this if you call retention? Do you have to threaten to close the account before they will give you the $300 increase? I'm sorry for all the questions, but a $200 limit just isn't doing it for me.

5. Julie

Julie Guest

Re: Geo...

Thru retention. I had to pull a few little white lies, tee hee. I told her I got an offer from another company for $1000 unsecured, but I don't want to add another card, and that I want to stay with them, but the limit is so small. I didn't do any threatening. I talked nicely, and pretended to know someone there, i.e., the person I know says that retention can do ALOT more.