Another NCO Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Maybe someone can help me... I had a charge-off for Porgressive Insurance ($165.00). NCO was the collector. The bill was paid in 3-2000, and was verified as paid last month.

Now, can I dispute this at all? I live in NY and have the 5-year rule for paid charge-offs/collections. Or should I wait out the 4 years?

From what I've read about them, everyone hates them and they keep poor records. Should I at least try to dispute as not mine?

Thanks for your help.

Erica

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Did u ever have experience with NCO lizardking? I've heard they are really a pain in the ass to deal with.. I haven't dealt with them directly via disputes, but from other people posting on here, it seems that way.. I hope I don't run into that trouble, because I also have NCO, Coldata, and Cavalry listed on mine..

3. MBA/MBA999

MBA/MBA999 Guest

Ender: What is the Cavalry one all about? Is it a reaging and reposting of an old written off account?

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Yes, Cavalary is doing the same thing as NCO and Coldata.. I am still in round 1 of disputing against the collection doing prove to me it's my debt.. so I need to do 2 more rounds, before I go the suing route..

5. MBA9999

MBA9999 Guest

Does Calvary appear on your credit report? Where is CALVARY located?

6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

3303 North 45th ST
    Phoenix, AZ

That is where Cavalry is.. they appear and have REAGED my account.