Another Positive Post (Lo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LadyC, Jan 10, 2001.

1. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, I've been away a few weeks and have missed a lot of posts. I hope everyone if fine.
    I am really excited right now. I paid off of lot of my accounts and closed quite a few of them. And my scores are still low. According to WorthKnowing, I went from a 56 to an 80 in 3 months, but my Fico says otherwise. But to get to the point. You know how we are wrapped up in getting high limits, well I see you really can do it, without having a high score. Here is my good news: When all of the Citibank hype was going on in the last few months I got declined and my hubby was approved for 10,000. Well I was approved for 10,000 today. :) And also I've had an MBNA line of credit for 2 years now and I started out with a 2,000 limit and it was increased to 6,500 over that time. Well that was one of the accounts that I paid off a couple of months ago, so I decided to call and ask for an increase. I've been spoiled now, and I was just curious to see if they would at least increase me to 9,000 (I was hoping for 10,000), and what do you know.....(Drum Roll, please).......they increased me to 20,0000. Oh my God, I can't believe that, but it's true. All of my other limits have been really low, and most of all of my accounts were with the SubPrime Slime. I am extremely happy now.

I have said all of this to say this: Once you have gotten your foot in the door with a Prime creditor, and you prove them worthy, you'll eventually get the limits you want, without having a FICO of 700 or better.

Thanks for letting me share my small succes with you all. I hope everyone of you accomplish what you want. Good Luck!!!!!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have an MBNA line of credit

It is for $5,500. They wont give me a credit account though. But anyway I have had the account since September. Thanks for the encouraging words. Man, $20K. Great Job!

roni

3. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: Hey Roni....

Thanks. I remember you having the Ethan Allen accout. Did your account come with cash access, or can it only be used for Ethan Allen. My account was the Gateway Line of credit and it has the cash access. I actually want the Garfield MBNA platinum plus mastercard, but they wont appove me. BTW, MBNA is direct depositing the 20g's into my bank account so that I can consolidate the rest of the accounts that I didn't pay off. So good luck with your accounts. Also, last month I got an instant approval for the Nextcard with a 12.9 ongoing rate and a 2,000 limit. I like them because of the PictureCard. My hubby has had an account with them for over a year and the won't increase his sorry @$$ 300.00 limit. So my account will replace his. It just goes to show, good things still can happen without a high FICO.

4. kim

kim Well-Known Member

LacyC or Roni

If i'm not being to nosey, can you share your FICO scores? Or a range? The reason i'm asking is because I'll finally be closing on my home on 2/15 and I'll be looking for a card with around a 5k limit so I can buy a few necessities for my new home. ;-) In Oct, my scores were ~ experian 599, transunion 584, and equifax 599. I'm sure that my scores have risen since then just because of time passing and having a few items drop off my report. My qspace score says 642, that was based on my equifax report. I really want to apply for the Citibank, seems like that will be my best shot, but i have to wait until I close on my home. Do you think i can get this card?

5. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: LacyC or Roni

I can definately tell you that our scores are in the same ball park. My scores are in the range of 580-610. They may have risen a little bit over the last month or so. According to QSpace, my experian report granted me a score of 589. As for as Citibank is concerned, you have a good shot of getting them if you have at least 6 months of positve history, and no serious delinquencies. Just make sure that you apply for the right card. It the regular Aadvantage card with a 50 annual fee. Good Luck! BTW, how is your credit history looking, before you apply?

6. kim

kim Well-Known Member

The only negative items added to my report in the past 2 years are 2 tax liens - paid in full 4/00.

BofA Car Loan 1 30-day late 2 years ago
    Cap 1 CC Never late opened 6/99
    Household Bk CC Never late opened 8/99
    LOC @ Cred Union Never late opened 8/96

3 pd charge offs from 95, 96 and 98.

Hopefully Citibank will be as kind to me as they have been to the rest of you. They did send me an application, but I can't apply for anything until after I sign on the dotted line.

The only inquiries i've had in the past year are from my lender and myself.

And plenty of deferred student loans since I'm still in school.

7. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

I really don't know how Citibank looks at the negatives. I don't have any negatives, just a lot of accounts and a zillion inquiries, that's why my score is low. Maybe others will give some insight about their approval and how their negatives were looking. But I would go ahead and apply, one inquiry isn't going to hurt. Once again, good luck.

8. kim

kim Well-Known Member

True ~ one inquiry won't hurt. I'm just trying to be patient and wait until I close ~ I have no choice. But ~ I REALLY would love to do some shopping for my home.

9. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm sorry, I misread. I thought you had already closed on your home. I personally would wait until after closing. Don't give them lenders any reason to delay closing.

10. molly

molly Well-Known Member

If you get the aa card and then switch it to platinum they will credit the $50. I did this without even having the card a full month.

11. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: Hey Roni....

Congratulations on the success.
    I know. FICO is overrated. I have said it many times.

Credit exercise is the best approach to higer limits and lower rates.

http://www.creditsense.com