Another Typical AMEX Response

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Apr 21, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I have used the Green Personal Card for 9 months - as you all know - AMEX really helped me out by giving me another shot at excellent credit. I respect this Card and its power. POWER is the key word here.

I have used it around average $2500 month - more or less.

I ended up going to a funeral this week and did not know how much I might need to give family, mortuary, etc.
    Fortunately - everything was taken care of previously.

I called an AMEX Personal Card Rep and asked him - as he was looking at my account - if I had needed thousands of dollars last week, could I have charged $10-25K?
    He then said $25K would not have been a problem.

He said that if I were to do that - to call them to let them know in advance. Approval was absolutely fine based on my record - no issue.

He also said that if I snapped $25K onto the Card without them expecting it, it was out of "my pattern" and I could expect further questions or ID.

Amex Cards, service and benefits continue to be sensational.
    Remember, I have had the Card for less than a year - and they now will let me charge $25K with a phone calls notice.

This also demonstrates how, regardless of what color AMEX Charge Card you carry, there is no pre set spending limit!

What a GREAT CARD! The biggest bargain in the world.
    A great credit rating AND no one who says "No, you are over your limit."

cya dogman

2. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Re: Another Typical AMEX Respo

"there is no pre set spending limit! "

Didn't you know that ??.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Geo...

IF YOU SPEND $2,500 PER MONTH...YOUR SPENDING LIMIT IS KIND OF PLACED AT ~ $2,500...IF YOU ONE MONTH SPEND LIKE $4,000-$5,000 PROBABLY NO PROBLEMS...BUT GO TO $25,000...YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS UNLESS YOU CALL AND TELL THEM...

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Re: Geo...

Geo - theoretically yes. BUT, do you reaLLY think AMEX is going to approve a $200K charge on a a cardmember who makes $20K?

they would approve it - but would make certain the Cardmember had assets enough to cover the bill.
    After all - that's a LOT of Membership Rewards Points!

cya dogman

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Right George.

I always appreciate your comments George. Sorry about the card denial thing on other posts - BUT - you have BLUE which I'd love to get aT ANY RATE!

Yup - the FIRST YR pattern is being molded as we speak!
    cya Dog :)

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Re: Right George.

Amex is our best customer. CreditWorks got a line from them in less than a year, it is now up to $46,000. They also issued an Optima, that is close to $20,000.

http://www.creditsense.com

7. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Re: Right George.

anyone know if Amex will be bringing back their secured card any time soon?

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dogman!

I hope to have a AMEX card one day.

roni