Answer to Complaint help please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LRM216, Aug 18, 2003.

1. LRM216

LRM216 Well-Known Member

Just received a summons and complaint from Arrow re $837 debt (within sol) and need to answer within 20 days. Does anyone know where I can obtain a form to go by in order to write up my answer for filing. I do owe this amount but have not heard from Arrow in 2 years and then got a summons yesterday served on me by a local atty acting for Arrow. It is for Home Shopping Network. Jam237 suggested I validate with both the atty and Arrow and I just did that but I don't know any sites to go to in order to get help with the "Answer" to the complaint. Thanks in advance for any help.

Linda

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

The forms and format vary from state to state. Go to your local courthouse and ask to see some recent Answers to summonses - they are public record and can be copied and emulated.

3. Consumer X

Consumer X New Member

LRM I found a link but it is for an OUT of SOL answer, maybe you can read through it and get some idea of how to formulate an answer.

http://community-2.webtv.net/YCHANGE/STORAGE/page2.html

You can also email Why Chat and ask him for assistance.

"If you have questions, AFTER reading everything on my website, and everything here, you can e-mail me at

Y-CHAT@WEBTV.NET."

4. rocket1977

rocket1977 Well-Known Member

Deny everything except your name and your county/parish/borough of residence. Then propound Request for Production of Documents asking for a copy of the original credit application, statements, etc.

An answer to a paragraph should look something like this:

The allegations of Paragraph (#) are denied for lack of sufficient information to justify a reasonable belief therein.

Even though you say you know you owe the money, if you admit everything, the game is over. They will file a Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings and your chances of any settlement are history.

5. LRM216

LRM216 Well-Known Member

Thank you all so very much for your great help. It is greatly appreciated.

6. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

7. LRM216

LRM216 Well-Known Member

Thank you - that was a GREAT help.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

It is for Home Shopping Network. Jam237 suggested I validate with both the atty and Arrow and I just did that but I don't know any sites to go to in order to get help with the "Answer" to the complaint. Thanks in advance for any help.

Linda
    ===========
    You can use the fact that you've requested validation in support of your statement denying the charges or claims in the summons.

Example Due to the fact that Shady CA has not provided validation as requested
    I lack sufficient information to answer this question?
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''