answers to questions on credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by banking di, Oct 30, 2000.

1. banking di

banking di Guest

since each consumer history file is not the
    same, and the fico scoring system takes into
    consideration different variables, general
    advice on any issue may help some, and hurt
    others.

for specific answers, email your questions to: support@experian.net

I will respond as quickly as possible.

2. Mo

Mo Guest

Banking Div -your answers are

My Dear Banking Division:

The tenor of your two responses in this thread lead to the suspicion that you are attempting some sort of marketing that may be, how shall we say, "not in the best interest" of folks who visit this forum. By doing a "whois" on your domain, I find that the owner of "experian.net" is:

APRE Credit (EXPERIAN5-DOM)
    2525 Main Street #106
    Santa Monica, CA 90405
    US

Of course, your address, as exposed, on this board is an "aol" address, and that is obvious, but perhaps this is due to a lack of savvy.

If your post is deliberately vague and intriguing (the very definition of a "hook" for suckers), then we need to know if you are just another scammer passing through.

IF you have good information that would be well received on this board, please stop being so cryptic. The reason for my reticence is that (a) you are identified as being at the domain "experian.net", and (b)you refer people to a blind email with no indication of credentials, etc.

[Concerning point "a" ] First of all, the www site of "experian.net" is password-protected. I find it NOT credible that you are openly identified with Experian, as that company would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER be a part of a board such as this, and would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER solicit consumer business in this venue in this manner. My concluded opinion is that you may have chosen "experian.net" in a deliberate attempt to mislead those who are susceptible to confusing, duplicitious hooks by hoping for inferences that "experian.net" (APRE Credit) is somehow officially connected to Experian.

[ Concerning point "b"] The blind email with no references, credentials citation, etc. is, again, consistent with those who simply want to "hook" suckers. It is, of course, much easier to take advantage of someone in a direct contact situation (blind email) than to have tenets of your proposals or details of your services reviewed in a public peer-review forum such as this.

I would like to ask you to dispel any concerns that I or others may have about your ambiguous implications to accessing some sort of secreted information that is available only to (apparently) a select cadre. If you are simply a credit-polishing business that is just trying to drum up some business, be up front about it. It is America, and I have no problem with anyone trying to find business...just don't do it in an apparently scurrilous manner.

If I am wrong in my conclusions, please accept my apologies. If you are a legitimate business with a legitimate service to offer, it would be nice if you could offer a bit more information so that others could avail themselves of it. The way you have gone about making yourself known, however, leads to the direct assumtion that you have something to hide, and that you do not want exposure to a public review of your activities, methods, and services.

3. banking di

banking di Guest

RE: Banking Div -your answers

APRE CREDIT IS AN EXPERIAN NETWORKS AFFILIATE
    FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA, WE
    ESTABLISH AND DO ON SITE INSPECTIONS OF SUBSCRIBERS OF EXPERIAN IN THIS AREA, JUST AS CREDIT BUREAUS THROUGH OUT THE COUNTRY REPRESENT EQUIFAX, TU, ETC.
    WE ASSIST LOCAL BANKING DIVISIONS IN ESTABLISHING LINKUPS WITH EXPERIAN ONLINE SYSTEMS FOR LOGINS OF SUBSCRIBER ACCESS, THIS PORT THROUGH APRE CREDIT/EXPERIAN.NET
    CAN BE ACCESSED AT THE FOLLOWING PORTAL.
    WWW.EXPERIAN.COM/CGI-BIN/CCREDIT.CGI

THE PURPOSE OF POSTINGS THIS EVENING WERE DUE TO THE FACT THAT I VISITED A FEW OF THESE SITES, AND COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY TAKING SOME OF THESE
    MEASURES IN WHICH THEY BELIEVE THAT THIS WILL IMPROVE THEIR CREDIT STANDING.
    WE DO NOT DO CREDIT REPAIR, I AM SIMPLY OFFERING SIMPLE ADVICE TO INDIVIDUALS, SO THEY DONT MAKE COMMON MISTAKES. THIS ASSISTANCE IS FREE OF CHARGE, AND ITS VERY SIMPLY PUT, TO EDUCATE PEOPLE. SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE. IN THE FUTURE I WILL BE SURE NOT TO OFFER ASSISTANCE.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

listen, why did you ask for a phone #, that is very strange.

5. banking di

banking di Guest

i HATE TO TYPE, AND ITS PRETTY HARD TO EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT TO DO IN AN EMAIL.
    ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PERSON UNDERSTANDS EXACTLY HOW TO DO IT.

YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR RESPONSE IN YOUR BOX
    SHORTLY, HOPE THAT IT WILL ASSIST YOU IN WHAT IT IS YOUR TRYING TO ACHIEVE.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thank you, That is much more appropriate.

7. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: answers to questions on cr

Quite frankly I find it most difficult to take anyone seriously who purports to be officially representing a bank, collection agency, or CRA who posts on this board with an AOL IP.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey J Edgar

How was your trip this weekend? fun I hope:)
    Nice to see you back:)

Mom

9. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

RE: answers to questions on cr

Not only that but this idiot doesn't even have the common courtesy NOT TO SHOUT AT PEOPLE!

Mike

10. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: Hey J Edgar

Thanks Mom:

We had an excellent time in P-town. Besides the usual array of men, there was some really wonderful costumes and lots of Halloween activities. Many of the stores were having end of the season sales on all sorts of things. My partner and I got matching leather overcoats for a very good price, among other things.

I indulged a little last night at dinner and ordered a 3 lb lobster, but it was worth it.

We also made some new friends there, and that's always good too.

I hope your situation with the collection agency is coming to a satisfactory resolution.

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am glad you had fun . I sent that letter from Kristi certified mail on Friday, I'll let you know what I hear.

Mom

12. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Welcome To Fantasy Island

Banking division? Connected with Experian?

Riiiiiight thatâ??s why when I phoned your WhoIs listed office number the voice mail indicates â??AP Real Estateâ? and indicated â??listingâ? are available for preview? Thatâ??s why your domain web host is A & Z Consulting, Inc., when Experian has its own (very capable) on-site dedicated servers (DNS EXP1/2.EXPERIAN.COM + AUTH02.NS.UU.NET) at the Orange office (I know, been there, seen um)? Thatâ??s why the URL you gave fed back with a 500 error code? Or why youâ??re NSI handle was created 05-May-2000?

The plane, the plane (in his best Tattoo voice)! Thanks for the laughs. :))

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

13. jerry

jerry Guest

to: credit defenses.com

I have been sitting back and watching this
    so called banking division guy, and just read
    what he and you had to say, and i normally just read and try to learn, but when you started posting peoples names and stuff, i contacted them. and they dont even own the name experian.net or apre anymore. they sold it 4 months ago to e-services in new york. I checked, and azc.com hosts those names, and e services bought it in july.
    I contacted "banking division" at e services,
    and he said he was just trying to help, and said that he would immediately open the site experian.net, and post a disclaimer. The only reason i bothered was because you actually posted someones name and information, and ended up trying to hurt someone who wasnt even involved, and spreading vicious rumors. AZC says that the network solutions database had not been updated to the new owner. and if what you say is true about contacting the real experian and their legal department, thats cool, but you accused the wrong person, and now your just creating problems for innocent people, thats just messed up. You should get your facts straight before you start destroying peoples names that you so carelessly post. THATS JUST WRONG!!!!!!!

14. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rightâ?¦

Funny how NSIâ??s latest records were just updated today, that youâ??re using a (free) NetZero account (that can easily be spoofed), and spin the whole issue as my fault? LOL, I give the good folks on this (and any other board) far more credit than that.

BTW, NSI would never (and I mean NEVER) take four (4) months to update records; nice try though.

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

15. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I agree with Mom. It is nice to see you back!

The leather sounds interesting! I've always wondered what I'd look like all decked out in leather--spikes and all!

Fortunately, I'm quite happy with looking like and being an old woman! I usually act like an old seventy-year-old granny too--except for when I get behind the wheel! ZOOM! ;-)