Any Hope of Rehabilitating Providi?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by heather, Jul 24, 2001.

1. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I have read a lot of the other posts on this board about Providian. Is there any hope of rehabilitating a Providian charge-off? I have heard that they stick to their guns, you default, you are screwed. I would like to offer them total payoff for the return of the account, or deletion. Has anyone had any luck with them? It is from 98 and with all the fees I owe about $600

2. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Heather....

No shot. I've negotiated with them for months and they won't budge. They won't agree to delete either.

Tom

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Heather,

Providian is very hard nosed. Three years ago, I had an account with a 90-day late and, despite my best efforts, they would not rehab the acount, even though it's paid in full and I was never late again.

Planet Feedback didn't help. I tried that, too. The response I got was a snotty letter from someone in the executive office.

Good luck, though. You have nothing to lose by continuing to ask.

Donna

4. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I tried a planetfeedback letter also and received a similar snotty response. I am going to try one last time but include a copy to the FTC this time. All they can do is say no again.

Mike G.

5. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Have any of you tried validation letters with Providian? If they will not deal, maybe that is the way to go? I just don't see why they would refuse my money.

6. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

They didn't refuse my money. They basically told me if I wanted to pay, great - but the won't delete or even unrate the account. If I didn't want to pay, oh well.

I haven't tried validation yet for the simple fact that I think they could probably come up with at least one signed receipt for a purchase that I've made in the past.

Tom