Any info on Greenpeace credit card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Om, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Om

Om Well-Known Member

I've seen a Visa offered through a UK bank with no real detail and a Mastercard said to be offered by Household but I can't find anything on their site to confirm this.
    Do you know of any good links to reviews about cards that support causes or just any cause related credit cards?
    I figure if I'm going to pay so much interest, I would like to see some, regardless of how small, go towards something positive instead of some executives portfolio.

-Om

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is a very active member of Greenpeace. I will ask him and see if he knows anything about it. I am sure he will know it, if it is truly beneficial to Greenpeace. I will let you know.

-Peace, Dave

PS...OM If you want, I will sent you up with his email address for some information about Greenpeace. They always like to share information with interested people.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Om, I'm not trying to start anything, but did you see the post earlier from pbm? I faxed him a copy of the TU letter. I just wanted you to know, as others have said, I have no reason to lie.

4. Om

Om Well-Known Member

LKH-

I did see the post and I do apologize if I offended you. I wasn't trying to diminish your credibility on the board, as you may know I am new and am not too familiar with everybody. I was only expressing my views based on some of my past experiences from other boards. I was in no means trying to call you a liar, I just found it hard to believe that a fortune 1000 company would send such a letter from outside their legal dept.. I stand corrected. I personally don't care if CRA monitor the board, I'm sure they do. I personally felt everybody was getting a little to paranoid and thought I would voice my point of view.

Again, I apologize.

-Om

5. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Thanks Marie but that is the UK bank I was referring to. It doesn't give me an option to apply nor does it tell me I am eligible for the card being a US resident. This is also a VISA, the MASTERCARD I found was issued through Household but I can't seem to find anything there either. I guess I will have to call Monday to Household although I'm not thrilled about having them be the issuer.

Thanks again,

-Om

6. Om

Om Well-Known Member

As a Co-operative Bank Visa credit card account holder you can apply for cover if you are aged between 18 and 64, permanently living in and working in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and are in continuous full employment, including self-employment, for at least 16 hours per week.

Taken directly from the Co-Operative Bank web site.

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

The new Greenpeace MasterCard (Household Bank, 800-790-1441) is made of
    a biodegradable plant-based polymer.

maybe they can point you in the right direction

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you can't get it because we live in the "STATES"...your wasting your time...

10. Om

Om Well-Known Member

There is a Greenpeace Visa offered by Co-Operative bank in the UK that is not available to us. But, I have seen a Mastercard that was offered by Household and then switched to Fleet. I can't find a web site for it or an application which makes me think that maybe it is discontinued, all I have found are a couple of reviews.

-Om

11. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

12. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention that one, I applied last week. My application has been under review all week so I have a feeling I'm going to have to call and beg. My gilrfriend was approved for the AKC card issued by FirstUSA for 11.5k and her FICO is one point lower than mine so I had to try.

-Om