Any of rec'd Providian deal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dean`, Nov 14, 2000.

1. Dean`

Dean` Guest

I have providian gold since March 1999 with a limit of $4,500/-.

Yesterday I rec'd credit limit upgrade certificate from providian for $99 fees for $1,000 upgrade plus $99. Offer expires Dec. 14, 2000.

Just wanted to know any of you rec'd such offer recently.

Dean`

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Any of rec'd Providian dea

Don't pay them for a limit increase. Providian reviews your account automatically for increases every 120 days. Call and speak to a supervisor and tell them you want an increase. Don't mention the offer they mailed you--if they say anything about it just say you never received it. If your account is in good standing, they will give you an increase. If they don't threaten to close your account. Keep in ming that this tactic only works if your account has not been late or over the limit.

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

My daughter received a similar offer from Providian. She's had her gold card with them for four months, and they offered her a $1000 increase for $49. I just told her to do what she thinks is best; although, they would probably offer her the increase for free if she'd wait a while. I think she accepted it.

I would have told her ABSOLUTELY NOT had they requested a $99 fee for the increase.

4. Dean`

Dean` Guest

Thank Q both

I thank Q both of your's suggestions. I won't need the increase and on't want to pay the fees. This doesn't look right!!!. I am in good standing with them, I don't know why they are offering me such offer.

Again, I thank Q both

Dean`

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I received it. I think it is pretty standard. They sent me another one just yesterday, asking why I didnt respond to your first offer. I took it and sent it in about 10 days ago.

Dean` wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I have providian gold since March 1999 with a limit of $4,500/-.

Yesterday I rec'd credit limit upgrade certificate from providian for $99 fees for $1,000 upgrade plus $99. Offer expires Dec. 14, 2000.

Just wanted to know any of you rec'd such offer recently.

Dean`