Any success suing NCO for Inquiry?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bigdummy, Aug 4, 2003.

1. bigdummy

bigdummy Active Member

I just noticed a hard inquiry from NCO Group on my TU report. I don't recall having anything from them in the past, and my only baddie remaining is a collection account on my Equifax. Which I'd also like to sue since they won't validate and continue reporting. Thats another story:)

Would you go straight to sending off an ITS to NCO?
    Has anyone ever obtained settlement from them for a non PP inquiry?

Thanks.

2. tiger00

tiger00 Well-Known Member

Beware, NCO is a nasty CA, just do a search on this board for them. I dealt with them once when I had a CapOne card that went into collections. Do you have anything that is in collections, but not on your CRA report yet?

Oh yeah, to your original question, I haven't heard of the ITS going out for a hard inq.

3. bigdummy

bigdummy Active Member

I did a search on them, and you are right. It seems these guys are real a-holes.

I had chargeoffs in the past that have all dropped. My TU and EX reports are completely clean. My EQ has that one collection I'm dealing with and 1 chargeoff thats due to drop in 3 months.

My only guess is the CA I'm dealing with on the collection has thrown this to them, which I think is illegal, since I'm trying to get validation. Or, it's this last chargeoff due to drop that has dropped in their laps, which would really suck at this stage in the game. Nothing has shown up on any CRA since the pull a week ago.

Either way, I still don't think they can pull a hard!

Any other thoughts?

4. tiger00

tiger00 Well-Known Member

Many times a CA will do a hard pull as a first step in collecting a debt. Your CRA report will usually have your current address, which is the CA's version of skip tracing. Again, if this is something that you still owe chances are that this is NCO's first step at coming after you. You could dispute the hard pull with the CRA and see if that makes it drop off. If you are directed by the CRA to challenge with the CA and if you choose to do this then make sure that you have your validation letters waiting in the wings. The other option is to not do a thing, and wait for the pull to age (it only dings you for 6 months). My wife has a hard pull from a CA from an account that she had almost 7 years ago. I'm just waiting for these yahoos to try to start reporting and collecting on this one.

5. bigdummy

bigdummy Active Member

Thanks for your input.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach. With 3 months to go for a clean report, there's no use in stirring things up if they don't need to be.