Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CASPER72, Aug 10, 2001.

  1. CASPER72

    CASPER72 Well-Known Member

    I went to the courthouse the other day to look at some judgements that are on my credit report. I asked about one from 98 and then four from 96. She got me the one from 98 but told me that the ones from 96 are in underground storage and someone would have to go get them. I told her that would be fine I will look at this one only. I had her copy this judgement and as I started to leave she told me that if I wanted the other ones it would take a days notice and it would cost 15 dollars per file.

    My question is if I dispute these judgements does the CRA have to pay the fee? If so do you think they would or would they just let it drop?

    Last question is if I do dispute them do I do one at a time or all four at once?

  2. Nave

    Nave Well-Known Member

    All of my judgements (in fact all my negative info) were from 96 and so far they have been deleted with no trouble (11 down 4 to go). I attribute this to their age. I do not think the CRA's would have to pay any fee, but I do believe they would be as much of a hassle to investigate (pulling them up from some basement dungeon). The only item I have had verified from 96 was a Tax Lien.

    Dispute all 5 not just the 4 older ones. As for # to send, I use Junum and 4 is their "magic number" for disputes so you could get away with disputing all 5 at once (5 is not too many) but you might want to try 3 in one dispute and 2 in a second dispute. Junum has been sending mine as frequently as every 2 weeks so send the first and wait a couple weeks and send the second.

    Good luck!

  3. Lionel

    Lionel Well-Known Member

    unfortunately no, the fee is not the CRAs responsiblity because the defendant is the one doing the disputing.
  4. CASPER72

    CASPER72 Well-Known Member


    Sorry I left out one bit of info. The judgements have been paid off since 1997-99.
    So if I dispute these then am I going to have to pay for them to retrieve them?


    Thanks for your input
  5. hurricane5

    hurricane5 Well-Known Member

    Can you give me some insight on how you have gotten these removed? I am in the same boat, I have paid judgements from 95-97, but they have come back verified from the CRAs...With public records, they are supposed to validate with the courts, correct? Is there a process that you went through to get rid of these, outside of the normal verification process?

    Thanks in advance!
  6. Hal

    Hal Well-Known Member

    I had a judgement on my credit record from 1994. I simply disputed it and it was removed.

    I am not sure that the CRA's use the courts for validation in all cases. I think in some instances, they subcontract someone to go and search the public records at the local court.
  7. godaddyo

    godaddyo Well-Known Member

    Some courts have a computerized telephone service that can track down case info. Most of the information that is collected is from employees of the CRAs that are sent down on a daily basis to collect the most recent information. This is why cases that never make it to court are seen in your public records section of your reports..
  8. Hal

    Hal Well-Known Member

    Thanks for that info. I suppose I lucked out, never look a gift horse in the mouth they say. My luck the local court is still operating in the middle ages. : )
  9. CASPER72

    CASPER72 Well-Known Member

    See our courthouse is still in the middle ages also. Each case that you want they have to manually go pull out of there files. Then if it is befor 1997 they are sent to a underground storage facility and if you want them they have to go there and pull them.

    I am thinking I am just going to dispute the 1996's and see what happens.


Share This Page