anybody ever use ACA to dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Genius1, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Genius1

Genius1 Active Member

I'm currently using ACA to help resolve a dispute with CreditOne - even after 3 Certified letters - and numerous letters to CRAs - the tradeline is still coming back verified.

CreditOne still hasn't validated the account and it seems ACA doesn't care if they validate - just so they verify the information.

CreditOne refuses to validate account - won't send use proof we owe or to whom we owe it to - when the account was bought or original amount and they certainly can't provide our signatures...

ACA keeps wanting us to supply our answers - this will be our second response and we have to send it again via certified mail...

this is getting out of hand - I could have just sued CreditOne and collected a bundle - instead I'm being stupid and using this mediator...

anybody had any luck with ACA

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Who is ACA , are they a credit repair company.?
    Anyways It don't look like they are going about this right.
    I highly recommend that you do it yourself.

3. Genius1

Genius1 Active Member

ACA - is an association of credit and collection professionals - similar in nature to a Better Business Bureua but for collection companies...

they have an ethics committee that oversees how members conduct their business - and supposedly help those that have been victimized by creditors resolve their problems...

although it seems to be getting us nowhere

4. arobinson

arobinson Well-Known Member

sue them...you have made a dilligent effort to resolve it..they screwed up..now they must pay!