Anybody know about ASPIRE Visa?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Om, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Do any of you know what ASPIRE's credit guide lines are? Who they pull from? I've seen them on a couple of re-establish lists and want to know what they look for and where from.

Thanks in advance.....

-Om

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I would avoid these morons. I did.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RUN away from this bank!!!!!!!!!!! There are plenty of better banks that can help you, THIS is not one of them:(

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Aspire BAD, berry berry BAD. I just got a gold card offer in the mail ... APR STARTS at 27% then becomes prime+32% or a minimum of 41% whichever is higher. Hahahahaha

S T A Y
    A W A Y
    F R O M
    T H E M

-Peace, Dave

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I put my vote in agreement with those above. Stay away! Being in sub-prime hell, I thought 22-24% was bad. Then I heard about Aspire from this board and had a heart attack when I read that someone here had one of these cards at 41%.

I need to add more bank credit cards to my re-building portfolio, but I am not desperate enough to sink to the level of Aspire! I am one year post Chapt. 7 BK and know you can do better than this!

In my opinion I rate Aspire the same as CCB.

6. Om

Om Well-Known Member

After just reading their rates I agree. 17% is the best you can do with this one and it varies up to 35%. Not what I'm looking for!

The 41% refered to above applies only if you don't make your minimum payment for two consecutive months.

-Om

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ummm, everyone knows that I'm working on hubby and getting him away from CCB..well, he has Aspire, too. I have to be honest, even though it hurts..LOL...all 3 have been good with him. Aspire gave him 19% interest...and started him at 500 (he was first given 300 and told them no way..so they upped it.) They also gave him no yearly fee.

It's wierd..he must just have gotten dang lucky...same with CCB..it's hard to convince someone of what could happen when it keeps going just fine...LOL...He's had CCB for 30+ months like this..(2 accounts, MC & Visa)...it's bizarre..especially cuz everything else negative that could happen, has happened over and over..ROFL