Anybody take those offers from

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Sep 19, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

My husband's score faired much better than mine, he received the standard AMEX offers, he applied for one, but of course their system was not working correctly and he was told his application would be looked at offline and he would here something by mail, of course to me that is a sure sign of denial!! just curious if anyone else has tried and got that?? Thanks

2. TOM

TOM Guest

RE: Anybody take those offers

You can call 800-641-2400 or 800-962-7227 to check the status.I applied Amex two times (business charge card and cash rebate card)and got approval.Both applications were processed offline.

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

By the way Mom what was your husband's score.

As for their system, its not working too well at this moment, every time I log in and attempt to bring up my file it gives an error message and logs me out. Still better than a couple of days ago when the site wasn't even coming up.

4. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

I got the Amex offers too, and of course the same thing happened to me, and I called 2 days later to find out that I had been declined. The rep I spoke with didn't have a clue about what "WorthKnowing" was doing. They said all of their PreApprovals are sent through the mail.

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    My husband's score faired much better than mine, he received the standard AMEX offers, he applied for one, but of course their system was not working correctly and he was told his application would be looked at offline and he would here something by mail, of course to me that is a sure sign of denial!! just curious if anyone else has tried and got that?? Thanks

5. Michael

Michael Guest

Worthnothing referal to Amex.

Worthnothing is merely reffering people to Amex at the moment, just as this site has banner ads reffering people to First Premier Bank.

Hopefully soon they will improve there scoring, and have a better referal programme.

As for the applications being processed off line, I feel far more applications are processed off line than on. The last 2 Discover Cards, and 2 Amex's I submitted were all off line but approved!

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the number and info

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It was only 46, so he probably won't get it, we just thought we would give it a shot

8. TOM

TOM Guest

My number was 20.I was approved for Citibank Platinum card three weeks ago.But I do have high balance and all accounts have balance.

9. lextalioni

lextalioni Guest

I got a a twenty three, with several charge offs

10. Barbara

Barbara Guest

RE: Worthnothing referal to Am

My score was 65,I apllied for the
    Optima Plantinum through them, it said Congrats your approved, then it said a rep may call to verify some info, then I would have final approval and my card would come in 7-10 days. I thought that was odd, Haven't got a phone call yet from them, I wonder if anyone else had that kind of message? Thanks

11. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Worthnothing referal to Am

Call them about 1 week after you apply, often times they will just reverify the info you submitted to them.