Anyone dealt with NCO Financial?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, May 31, 2001.

1. zip

zip Well-Known Member

NCO has been sending me letters on a debt that is over 13 years old. They have been putting hard inquires on my credit reports that the cra's have been refusing to delete them. I called them and told them that if they continued to bother me I would sue them-that I knew that this debt had been on my credit report for 7 years and the debt had already been written off. I then contacted the BBB and just recently recieved a letter from NCO stating that they were removing the inquires on my reports and that they would not be bothering me anymore-that the matter was closed in their office!

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Findlaw is ok, but here is a new one that I just heard about the other day. I looked at it and bookmarked it, but have not actually looked it over very well yet.

http://www.lexnotes.com/index.shtml

I am just amazed that all the people I have encountered at various CA are just nasty people. I guess they have never heard of the phrase "Kill them with kindness".

I was utterly appalled about the attitude at the mindset of a member of the Oklahoma County DA's office this morning on the news talking about the latest developments in the Tim McVeigh case. He had a real mean look on his face on TV and said that he thought it was just terrible how the Tim McVeighs of this world thought they could jab their thumbs into the eyeballs of the government with any excuse whatever and that McVeigh should be executed at the earliest possible moment and without furthe ado. These criminals must be made to pay for their crimes, he said vehemently.

Well, I agree that they should be made to pay, and maybe even that lethal injection may be entirely too kind to an animal like McVeigh. However, justice must also be served, and just imagine the outcry that would arise in the event the dog was put to death and later some exculpatory evidence arose that would have made the death penalty unsupportable or that the government had indeed made some terrible mistake in hiding truly exculpatory evidence? The howl that would arise from such a disaster would almost never end and our confidence in our justice system would be almost forever destroyed? It would be a disaster indeed. Far worse than letting the dog live for a little while more.

These kinds of people and those you are talking about are just about all alike in their mindsets. Police see far too much violence and crime to even think about attempting to see the side of the poor guy who robbed or burglarized or wrote hot checks because his family was starving or faced some other disasterous situation and no one would help him out, he couldn't get welfare or other social help and he just went off the deep end. Happens more often than one might think.

Or the poor woman who kills because she is being horribly beaten or terribly abused sexually by some moron husband.

Or the kid who kills his parent(s) for much the same reasons.

Criminal prosecutors and judges often think more about political posturing than they do in obtaining justice for all. After the crash of Flight 800 a few years back off the U.S. coast, our Governor Frank Keating was on the TV within the hour howling about how we have to deal harshly with these criminal acts and make the perpetrators pay the penalty for their terrible deeds. Yet as of today, no criminal action was ever discovered in connection with that crash. Yet he was never called on the carpet by the media for his stupid remarks.

And your collection agency people see and hear from so many deadbeats daily that they quickly become inured to the pleas for mercy from the truly financially handicapped. MAKE 'EM PAY, they shout and that's all they care about.

They become inured by their daily contacts to the point that they seem to have no human compassion for their fellow man whatever. They never remember that there is a little bad in the best of us and a little good in the worst of us.

We all suffer as a result.

That's why I like to do the best I can to help my fellow man to the best of my ability and resources.

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I understand your comments and you make very good points, but it still does not excuse the complete disrespect and utter rudeness these people engage in and their total disregard for the law.

I checked out lexnotes, looks like a spinoff from lexis-nexis. Good and its free!

Thanks!

Cyprigirl :)