anyone els have coldata experience?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

If you have ever received ANY letters from the collection agency Coldata - please let me know.. I am involved in a class action lawsuit against them. A few of you guys have already contacted me regarding this.. if you haven't yet, send me an email:

ender510@yahoo.com

and I will refer you to my attorney. There is essentially no work for you.. the attorney will file all the necessary paperwork and such and you will be part of the class and possibly named as a plaintiff. There is also essentially no real risk and more to benefit and gain.. such as getting them to never bother you again, deletion of the negative (if inaccurate) listing on your credit report, and a possible monetary compensation for their illegitamate collection practices. It would also be very beneficial if you KEEP all your letters you received from them. Refrain from any correspondence with them however, and simply keep all letters they sent you. So, let me know if anyone else has experienced this..

The attorney who is representing me has been successful with multiple cases in the past including cases against NCO..

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I had/have experience with them.

I'll be emailing you this afternoon with the information.

3. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

I think we have had an experience with them. Our long distance was slammed by talk.com Aug 2000. We never knew about it until we got a collection letter from NCO out of Hunt Valley MD. We went round and round with Talk.com (they had slammed me before too). We finally got them to admit they had no authorization and said they would take care of it. We had talk fax the info to NCO to drop it.
    Talk.com is shifty and I can't stand them...slamming us TWICE in one year, lying about how it was switched (Telephone authorization, no contest entry, no a check cashed...etc) plus NO invoices ever sent saying there was a debt owed...sold straight to a collection agent (They said they attempted to collect it from our phone provider...)....now I wonder if those 2 questionable companies are working hand in hand.
    I often wonder if these types of companies screen for people with bad credit and try to take advantage of their history of non-payment. I have caught 2 companies thus far trying to make my fiance pay money on something he never owed. He always threw these away. Now that I'm around, he's started to understand these people are screwing him. His credit is far worse than mine too.
    We still have the letter as well, if this is the same people.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALWAYS have your LOCAL phone company require "in writing" authorization for LONG DISTANCE service change.

You can also DEMAND A PASSWORD REQUIRED...(give your LOCAL a password...if the LONG DISTANCE provider doesn't have the PASSWORD in addition to written authorization...NO change will happen)...

P.S. Don't use MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME, or SS#...(too easy to find out)...
    Use something like city lived in years ago.
    Favorite color.
    First school name.
    Girl's name across the street.

If you want to get "EXTREME SECURITY"...
    The name of the only cousin ever talked about, of the girl's across the street in 1975...
    and the city and state the cousin lives/lived in...

5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I wanted to make clear that this class action lawsuit is against Coldata and NOT NCO... so if you had issues w/ Coldata, please let me know and I'll try and get you involved as well..

6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

anyone else?

7. rogerjones

rogerjones Active Member

I had my COLDATA charge off removed using Bill's Credit Wrench program. It took about 75 days and 12 letters, but it did come off.

roger

8. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

I have no *real* experience, but I did notice on my Experian report (recieved today... yuuuuck!) that they did a soft inquiry on me a year ago...

Deb
    Why do I feel dirty all of a sudden?

9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

If you have received ANYTHING from them in snail mail, please email mei f you would like to be part of the class action lawsuit... my email address is:

ender510@yahoo.com

You will benefit by possibly gaining monetary compensation as well as possibly hurting a CA badly..