Anyone else with Sears Card...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mvfl, Apr 3, 2001.

1. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I recently got a Sears card with a limit of $852 (odd number)

Anyway, I called their CS just to ask why the limit was such an odd number. She said the credit limit is derived from some formula based on your credit score.

I'm not sure which CRA they pulled, but could anyone else who recently got a Sears card list their balance, credit score (if known), or credit situation, and which CRA they pulled.

I know my Equifax score, but I'm sure that's not the report they used - it's my absolute worst.

Thanks!

2. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Re: Anyone else with Sears Car

I just got a Sears card a couple of months ago, and they pulled Equifax..they gave me a limit of 500. Don't know my FICO, but qspace gives me a 674 and I've seen people here say that's pretty close to the FICO.

3. am

am Guest

We got about 800 from Sears with a 658 (him)and he has several negative accounts.

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Back in October, I got a Sears card with a CL of $2200. This was before Junum so I had plenty of charge-offs, a foreclosure and a few collections on my report. I haven't had any problems in the last 2 years though. Hope this helps.

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I think they pulled Equifax, but it didn't matter because all 3 of mine were pretty bad