ANYONE GOT ADVANTAGE CITIBANK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SOPHIE, Feb 28, 2001.

1. SOPHIE

SOPHIE Guest

LOT OF TALK ABOUT THIS ADVANTGAGE CARD FROM CITIBANK. IF YOU GOT THE CARD IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS, PLS TELL ME YOUR BASIC CREDIT HISTORY. I WANT A PRIME CARD. I HAVE VERY LIMITED CREDIT UNDER 12 MONTHS OLD. WANT TO HEAR SUCCESS STORIES OR NEGITIVE STORIES BEFORE I APPLY.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: ANYONE GOT ADVANTAGE CITIB

i'll tell you my gf got one with 6 months of cap 1 and macy's history. $1000 limit.

also my bro got one with 7 months of macy's and parisian.

perfect pays, $500 limit on each account, low utilization, was approved instantly.

Both make somewhere between $40-50K with 1+ years residence, and 1+ years on job.

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Had 6 months with Capital One, 3 months with FCNB, $40K salary, same apartment for 3 1/2 years, same job for 1 1/2 years. I'm not sure with credit report they pulled but if it was my best one they saw a six year old 60 day late payment on a credit card that I later closed (I should have left it open but I just stopped using credit for a long time).

I applied for the silver AAdvantage and recieved a $3,000 limit then applied for the gold AAdvantage and received a $5,000 limit. This was about 3 weeks ago.

By the way, thanks to everyone on this board who shouted out the merits of this card! I didn't expect to get approved for a card with these kind of limits for at least another year or so.

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Also no inquiries in the previous 4 months...

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: hay erik

call up and convert the cards to "platinum select" you'll get your yearly fee credited back, and then ask for lower interest, you'll prolly get 11.9-12.9% apr :)

6. not happy

not happy Guest

no luck

i tried as everyone else did. followed their directions
    and was denied for the card. i have no derg's on my bureau
    but very limited credit 6-9 months (2) cards cap 1 . no prime banks just gives away cards. these are very rare instances. prob have prior credit they did'nt know about on bureau. you will be denied. i assure you of that.

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Re: no luck

I suggest you to wait till you have a year mark with you Cap One. Because they
    will approve you with a high credit limit (If you apply right now, probably you got the card
    but with 2000 or so credit line)

I was approved a month ago (January01) for the two aadvantages (Gold and Silver) 9K each
    My credit history by that moment:
    Cap One 13 months
    2 Stores card (Openned 1 and 2 months ago).