Anyone had luck deleting a BK?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KristyW, Jul 20, 2001.

1. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

I am currently helping someone (I am not being paid) with their credit clean up. They have a BK about 5.5 years old. Anyone have luck getting a BK deleted? I would be interested in knowing, even if it's through a "professional" credit repair service.

Thanks.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I haven't..tell me..chap 13 or chap 7?

3. KristyW

Chapter 7. Thanks Nana. Who is your hockey team, BTW? I am a Coyote.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oooooooh, I'm an Avalanche! (Forsberg's baby blues speak to me! LOL)

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Some people have, but I was not one of them. Have you looked at the PACER system?
    or the states who put their records online?
    http://vaeb.uscourts.gov/home/SearchNM.html

you can search by name, partial name, city and ssn. All they have to verify is the public record.

I would concentrate more on building credit and dispute bk in the background.

Some insist it is easy. I paid Lex a ton of money - close to $800 - they couldn't get it off. I did my time. Now folks have it easier because subprime credit is a big market. When I was first coming back from bk, Providian didn't exist and Cap One was part of Signet bank, LOL.

breeze

6. KristyW

Thanks, Breeze, good source.

Nana, my sister is a big Avalanche fan - she lives in Denver, naturally. We have a good rivalry going.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Kristy...LOL..it's fun when you have rivalries...(as long as the Avs win! AHAHAHAHHA)

Hey, I have a bk but the case number is no way mine...they say they verified...how would you, if at all, address this, my friends?

8. KristyW

You can pull a copy of the BK yourself since they are public record and mail in a copy to prove it isn't yours. Most major cities have a local US Bankruptcy court in which you can send for a copy.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, so using the number they have, I pull a copy..and send it to them...? Smart!

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sh*t no, girl. Send the letter requesting a statement describing the process they used, then catch them in a lie, because if they don't change the docket number they didn't even look! LOL. Then you can sue them and make them take it off.

Kristy is too nice to them. Never ever send them any information that could hurt you. You might end up with 2 bk's on your credit file!!!

breeze

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OH, ok..that makes sense, too! :) Woohoo..this will be fun! This will make #3 redhanded on Experian!

12. KristyW

Hey Breeze,

It may have been an isolated incident, but I do know someone that used that BK method before and it worked. They had never had a BK. With the name and SSN right on the BK paperwork, it seems risky to me for the CRA to add this to your account.

13. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Once you catch them in lies, document and file suit. For your troubles likely they'll negotiate a full removal of all derogs for her to drop the lawsuit.

Use your leverage for ultimate advantage. 90 days to a clean record: method: lawsuit.

Think larger. Think clean start. File in small claims but tell them you have a lawyer who's interested in taking the case but he wants to change the venue to US District Court... you're not as familiar with this but it sounds interesting... but you haven't decided because part of the deal for the lawyer to take the case is he'll require that she doesn't settle... hmmm...
    and you just can't decide. You heard about the 4.7 million dollar case that was recently won and the lawyer is all excited about taking a bit contingency case... but you don't really like litigation... but he says all the reasons the other case was overturned doesn't apply to you... and you would like somethin for all your trouble and all their lies... oh what to do what to do...:)

And then be quiet and listen to them have a heart attack. US District court is real court. They have to hire good attys... and you really do have a case. But only do this after they've contacted you about your small claims suit.

Get the settlement in writing. All her negs and any future accts connected with those (eg: if an original creditor sells an acct to collection agency then you also get that removed).

even if she had a legitimate bk, it's a way to get it all removed (including the bk).

They're stooges. Treat them as such.

14. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

OH, be careful in your letters. Don't say I've never filed a bk.

Say I've never filed a bk with xxxxxx case number. please correct.

It's ambiguous but it doesn't lie. Get it. If it does go to court you have to be totally truthful. The point is to catch them not verifying.

Or likely the bk7 has 0 liabilities listed. Noone files with 0 liabilities listed. why file if you owe noone.

you could say I've never filed a bk with 0 liabilities. Please correct.

get the idea. walk the line but DON"T cross it. Be honest and let them be the crooks they naturally are.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok...I used your link and put in this case number they have and nothing comes up at all..ideas?

16. KristyW

The link is for cases filed the district of Virginia, if I am not mistaken.

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL..ok..that won't work..

18. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

So when you originally go to dispute a BK, do you dispute it as incorrectly reported as opposed to a not mine?

Then see what the CRA comes up in the verification process. If it comes back verified, but still not correct do you then ask for verification process and proof? When that comes back, then do you do the letter threatening a suit stating for example, I never filed a bk with 0 liabilities?

I am trying to follow this, I have this problem on TU showing that I filed a BK with 0 liabilities. I just checked the court database for IL and it lists the creditors but no dollar amount for the liabilities. However, Experian does have dollar amounts for assets and liabilities.

19. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks..but it says access for official use only. :(

Marie..very good idea..I will use that! :) Thanks to all!