Anyone had luck deleting a BK?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KristyW, Jul 20, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oops sorry. You would have to pay the fee for using PACER. TX doesn't seem to list theirs for free like VA does.

At least your neighbors can't look you up. Mine can.

breeze

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL..yeah, I guess that's good..but I can't look up my neighbors either..:( There goes my afternoon entertainment.

teehee

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

ok, if it's yours and all is correct but assets or liabilities... I would use the "I have never filed w/0 liabilities, please correct"

But, I'd do it with a bunch of other disputes... and I'd bury it. The bk will come back verified b/c the name etc matches and they likely won't update a thing.

Then ask for procedural descriptions on everything.

If you want to get one step better, if you have issues w/regular creditors, send them letters disputing and wait 15 days or so. Pull your reports. Do the accounts show in dispute? they're supposed to. Wait for 30 days total and see what happens.

Then, once the creditors have not updated during your direct dispute w/them... do a CRA dispute.

Wait for their results. Ask for procedural descriptions. Followup w/all creditors (any cra contact during the dispute process?)

Look for lack of verification/contact. Look for no changes in the bk.

Send a letter to the CRAs "before lawsuit" thing to their legal department... or just file suit.

You're just trying to catch them screwing up. I think the more screwups the better. Shotgun approach. then to settle the suit get all derogs (including the bk) removed.

Now, this is untested, but my opinion is if you just did the bk and push it they'll just correct the assets / liabilities. IF it's sandwiched in other things, it looks like you're ticked off at their lack of verifications and the bk is included in the stack... not that you're just trying to get the bk off.

Besides, for all that trouble, I'd want a clean report or I wouldn't bother.

Make sense? :) what really ticks me off is I truly have some errors I can't get corrected. Now my only real solution will be a lawsuit. The bk is included as gravy (and as compensation). And my bk truly is in error. there's a big difference in a 1Million bk and a 100k bk. a creditor doesn't know if it's blank. but I wouldn't get into semantics... I'd just try to catch them on everything.

read the FCRA several times. Write down what everyone has to do. Write down ways to catch them not doing it. Set up the game, play it better. you'll win.

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Breeze,

I just looked at the bankruptcy site for Virginia. Isn't that invading someone's privacy? Look under any last name and you have practically everything you need to know about the person to commit fraud. Kind of freaky.

Dani

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes but public record is public record. That means it's available for anyone who wants to look at it. I agree, it's exposing personal information. This subject came up once before. Real estate transfers are public info, births and deaths are public info, it's just that we used to have to go down to the courthouse and look through all the books to find what we were looking for. Now a person can go online and flip through the public records, while they're sipping coffee, in their jammies, for amusement, or for more devious reasons. One consolation, who wants to steal the ID of someone who has filed bk? It's useless. LOL Although I did have someone use my insurance card once.

breeze