Anyone had problems with Salli

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by csx, Feb 1, 2001.

1. csx

csx Guest

I am considering suing Sallie Mae for reporting to credit bureaus AFTER they admitted they made a mistake on my account. Has anyone else had them refuse to fix a problem that they made? I have heard horror stories about them from others. I am an attorney and plan to file if the problem is not fixed. Anyone done the same thing? If there are enough of us, this could be a class action. Respond via email or by the board.

Future Plaintiff, CSX

2. mt

mt Guest

RE: Anyone had problems with S

SallieMae told me that the mistake they made in regard to my credit report would have no bearing on my ability to obtain credit. Well, I disputed that with them via certified mail twice and they finally relented and said they would correct the error -- that was recently, so I'm not sure it has been updated yet. The problem stems/stemmed from the fact that SM posted my loans multiple times on my credit report(s). I had 8 student loan accounts and they posted 16 active student loan accounts, effectively doubling the amount I appeared to owe when a creditor pulled my report.

I'm giving them 30 days to correct the information.

3. csx

csx Guest

Did you dispute directly with Sallie Mae or through the CRA's?

4. mt

mt Guest

I disputed directly with SallieMae. It took two letters for an appropriate acknowledgement.