Anyone have any luck removing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PC509, Jan 5, 2001.

1. PC509

PC509 Guest

I have a repo 2 years old from Ford Motor Credit (The dealer also put a repo account on there, so I have 2! Verified and everything. Shouldn't it be a collection??).
    Has anyone had any luck removing a repo from their report. This really sucks because I took out a $1500 service contract that covered anything that went wrong with the car. They didn't fix anything. The seat fell through the floor, the power locks didn't work, they wouldn't even fix a recall!! I called Ford Credit, and asked them if they could do anything. They basically gave me the finger, so I told them to come get the car. They did. Since the dealer didn't honor his part of the contract, I didn't think that I should pay, nor did I want a broken car that I paid for them to fix!

Dustin

2. MikeE

MikeE Guest

RE: Anyone have any luck remov

Yes!

Lexington was successful at getting a repo off my reports from 1998. I suggest you give them a try.

I guess you won't be buying another Ford anytime soon...

PC509 wrote:-------------------------------I have a repo 2 years old from Ford Motor Credit (The dealer also put a repo account on there, so I have 2! Verified and everything. Shouldn't it be a collection??). Has anyone had any luck removing a repo from their report. This really sucks because I took out a $1500 service contract that covered anything that went wrong with the car. They didn't fix anything. The seat fell through the floor, the power locks didn't work, they wouldn't even fix a recall!! I called Ford Credit, and asked them if they could do anything. They basically gave me the finger, so I told them to come get the car. They did. Since the dealer didn't honor his part of the contract, I didn't think that I should pay, nor did I want a broken car that I paid for them to fix!Dustin

3. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Depends on service contract

If the service contract was suppose to cover those type of repairs, it's possible that the contract may be voidable because you signed it with the expectation that any repair would be made to the vehicle that is needed. Lexington is pretty expensive, so I would go talk to a local lawyer, and get a free consultation. They probably have a better shot of getting it taken care of than lexington. Just my opinion, but I would give it a try.

4. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Depends on service contrac

I don't think that most people would consider Lexington's $35.00 a month expensive, but they don't really do local legal work - so your advice certainly stands. Getting the repo off the report is a different story. . .