Anyone have Fleet Classic Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JB, Mar 21, 2001.

1. JB

JB Well-Known Member

In today's mail, I got a preapproved offer for a Fleet Platinum Visa with no annual fee and 1.9% interest rate and $5000 minimum credit limit. It said if you don't qualify for that then you may be awarded the classic card or denied all together.

Well, I applied and was awarded a $2500 credit limit on a Fleet Classic Visa. But the website did not have any information about terms and conditions for the Classic card. It gave information about 4 types of Platinum cards but not the classic card.

Does anyone know what the terms are for the classic card or does anyone have such a card? I have never heard of Fleet.
    I do have a Capital One visa and a Providian Visa and Providian Mastercard. The Fleet $2500 credit limit is my highest limit yet. Thanks

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: Anyone have Fleet Classic

Well....I have not a clue BUT I just wanted to say Congrats on your new high line limit!

3. JB

JB Well-Known Member

excellent terms

Thanks AnnMarie for the congratulations! I am pretty happy right now. I just found out the terms of the classic card.

0% interest until Sept. 1 except for cash advances
    10.99% interest after that
    no annual fee and they have a grace period

I am happy!!!!!
    Now I will have to decide what to do with my other accounts -- such as should I keep all of them or drop one or two of them.

It all started with an unsecured Capital One card for a credit limit of $200 just two years ago.

4. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Re: excellent terms

Great job in getting the Fleet. One word of caution: They are well known for jacking up interest rates and trying to slide the hikes through without customers noticing.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FLEET WARNING

WARNING, if you EVER decide to close the account before you pay it off in full...they consider it a "BREACH OF CONTRACT" so your interest rate can go as high as 30% !!!!!!

6. JB

JB Well-Known Member

Re: FLEET WARNING

Thanks guys for the warnings! I appreciate it very much!
    I had never heard of Fleet until today when I received their preapproved application in the mail.

I did a search on this site for Fleet and it didn't turn up very much.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: FLEET WARNING

JB,
    I got both Edvance and Fusion smart from them and Fleet hasn't done anything to me yet. Keep it mind Fleet didn't have any on-line payment and they do have on-line account on-line access such check your balance and when the payment is due. They haven't raise my interest rate on my both cards. I didn't use it that much.My favorite card is Citibank cards and Discover cards that give me reward points and cash back.