Anyone have this happen? (Experian)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mrmatt, Aug 9, 2003.

1. mrmatt

mrmatt Well-Known Member

On June 30 I called Exp and got them to investigate an old account that I had disputed with them twice before and they somehow verified. After I finally convinced them to reinvestigate I pulled my CR and printed the page where it says that "this item currently being investigated." Just a few days ago I received a letter from Exp with the results from my dispute. Its says that the account WAS PREVIOUSLY INVESTIGATED- and the account is still on my CR. I pulled my CR and it states that the account was verified on 7-2003! What the hell!!??

Also I was monitoring my CR every week. And the day that I noticed that they had taken the account out of dispute, I sent them a procedure request and they ignored it as usual. I sent the procedure request on July, 21 and its been well over 15 days. I know that I 'll have to probably file suit on them but do I need to show some damages of some sort. This is my very last tradeline to get rid of then my reports are all clean.

Anyone please?

2. FICO750

FICO750 Well-Known Member

Yeah, just happened to me(online disputes). I just sent out another(typed) dispute and added that they must look into every dispute according to the law. Don't know if it will help, but I can always threaten to take them to small claims court. Good luck to you.

FICO750

3. mrmatt

mrmatt Well-Known Member

After reading Sect. 611, this may be the angle that I have to take. I disputed the tradeline on June, 30 and the letter that I received from them claiming that the Item had been previously investigated was dated July, 29. Well they were only 24 days late :)

(B) Notice of determination. Upon making any determination in accordance with subparagraph (A) that a dispute is frivolous or irrelevant, a consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of such determination not later than 5 business days after making such determination, by mail or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

4. mrmatt

mrmatt Well-Known Member

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I should have these b@st@rds on 3 separate violations. Or atleast 2 anyway.

1. Failure to conduct a proper investigation. They had the tradeline listed in dispute for over 2 weeks.

2. They decided to terminate the investigation and did not notify me within the 5 business days by law. But rather 24 days later.

3. they did not send me my request for procedures within 15 days.

I think that I could get them for not sending my request for procedures used because their decision to terminate the investigation should be void do to them not notifing me within the 5 day period.

5. mrmatt

mrmatt Well-Known Member

2-Z-TOP
    BUMP

6. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

I'm curious too. What's the way to deal with their consistent reply, "we've already investigated this?" Should I have my attorney write them?

Do I have a pig's chance in Cracker Barrel to get them to remove a household account that I did not open?