Anyone hear of this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ryder, Aug 6, 2003.

1. ryder

ryder Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I haven't been on the board in a while, but I came across something that might be of interest to everyone. I work in the mortgage industry and we purchase our credit reports through a third party agency that offers credit reports plus some additional services such as "Rapid Resolve", etc. Well, today, I received an email from them promoting a new product called "Score Advisor". Here's what they say:

"For example, Score Advisor is a product youâ??ll see soon. Score Advisor analyzes an applicantâ??s credit and tells the applicant how to raise the credit score â?? plus, it includes estimates of the point increase for each item. Youâ??ll have the tools to say, â??You need 90 more points to get this loan: you can add 30 points by paying-off this, and another 60 points by removing this.â? We are confident that Score Advisor will convert more applicants into borrowers, speed-up loan commitments, and give you a competitive edge by generating more borrower referrals."

I'm pretty sure that this service will be available nationwide and not just through the agency that we use. The real questions are: 1) Will this service be available to the general public(?), and 2) does it actually work?

I'll keep you posted as I learn more...

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I suspect it will only be available to lenders.