Anyone Heard from Merrick Afte

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

When I applied for Chase it said that the card could be issued by Merrick instead of Chase. Has anyone applied for Chase but received a Merrick instead?

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Anyone Heard from Merrick

Is this a secured card?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I think it is one of those cards that have an interest rate of 24.99% and a credit line of $200.00...
    UNSECURED...BUT YOU CAN'T BUY MUCH...4 TANKS OF GAS, AND ONLY ONE TRIP TO THE GROCERY STORE AND IT IS USED UP!!!

4. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Yuck! Which card did you apply for anyway, Killer? MP$40 sent me a secured Chase app and I'm thinking about applying for it if they accept bks.

5. Michael

Michael Guest

Chase's Secured Card is still issued by Chase and reporting to the 3 C.B.'s very fast.

I recomend them highly for a secured card.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Does it report as secured? Do they report limits?

7. Killer

Killer Guest

I applied for standard Chase on-line. The Chase site says that Merrick bank could issue the card. I'm guessing if your denied by Chase they pass you on to Merrick. Well if Merrick is just another sub-prime with small limit then I don't need it. I have plenty of those and don't want anymore!

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I received an offer from Merrick bank. I did a search on the internet and could only find bad things about them. Their site was under construction. I don't know about them.

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I applied for the Shopnow.com MasterCard from Chase, and the disclosures indicated that if Chase cannot approve, your app will be sent to Merrick Bank for consideration.

I was approved by Chase, though, for 11.99% fixed with low rate balance transfer. So I don't know what your credit has to be like for consideration by Merrick. I have good credit.

10. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Molly,

Merrick Bank called me last year and offered me a card. After an awful lot of doubletalk and runaround, I discovered that it was a secured card--they wanted my bank account # so that they could put a hold on $500. I don't think so! I did a search on the net for them and found the same information that you did. I wonder how on earth they got hooked up with a company like Chase?

Cheers,
    Cindy