Anyone heard of Cap One Silver?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LoFico, May 29, 2001.

1. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

I just got my unsecured Cap One Visa Silver (thanks to PFB) I looked on their web site and could not find any info on the Silver card. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Started with Cap 1 in Dec. of 97 with a 1k classic card with 29 annual fee. Upgraded to silver mastercard with 49 annual fee and interest did drop a little. That's about all I remember about the silver mastercard was the increase in annual fee. About 6 months later was upgraded to diamond mastercard with 2200 limit. No change in credit limit either with silver.

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

went from silver to gold

I had silver for $99 for $1500.
    The $99 was and still is a security deposit drawing some interest.

Just changed to GOLD Mastercard at $3100- after 18 months. No fee - 12.9%. Its a great card. She told me I would make Platinum at 9.9% next time - I gather about 18 months.

I BELIEVE the GOLD VISA is the one where they give out the $200 limits.

c ya dogman

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: went from silver to gold

<------Gold Mastercard, $200 limit, now its $500.

5. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Wife started with two secured Cap One cards almost three years ago. $100 deposit $500 credit lines. In the recent past they have said no to unsecuring the cards.

18 months ago she received a $1200 Cap One Silver with a 19.8% rate. In early May I called and they lowered the rate to 17.9%.

The next day wrote a letter via planet feedback. Asking them to combine all three cards, lower the interest rate to 15.9% or less and apply the deposits to the balance and increase the new credit limit by $300 to $2500.

She received a nice call from Mr. Miller and everything was finalized in about three weeks.

Score another one for the Mr. Miller fan club.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

ok, I'm confused. Is the silver card the secured one or the prime credit one???

I got an unsecured card but certainly subprime and mine is marble green...

anyone... anyone???

7. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Marie,
    I just got the silver card @ 19.8%, $200 CL and a $39 annual fee. I am definately SUBprime. I was offered this from Mr. M. I am not sure why I didn't get the marble green classic card. I can only assume this card is the next step up from the classic but one step below the Gold. I guess. They just sent me an offer for another card, $99 deposit for a $200 CL. I accepted, but when I sent them my money, I also sent in a letter requesting it be a Gold card. We'll see.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WAY BACK IN THE OLDEN' DAYS...SILVER WAS UP TO $4,999...GOLD WAS $5,000+

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GEORGE $$ LIMITS

Yup when I got the SILVER, gold was still a minimum $5K item.

Now platinums go out for $1000
    golds for $200
    titaniums for 35%
    blacks for $1000 annual fee

c ya dogman