Anyone know about this:-

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just received Equifax today and I saw Hard inquiry from "Facs West" Anyone know about his company. This month I didn't apply for any cc only asking for credit line increase from Macy but at the time I requested, Macy's CS didn't ask me the permission to pull my credit.

Thanks

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

It's a collection agency based in Arizona.

3. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. That's surprised me. I've never had any problem with collection agency before. Never late payment, Paid in full every month. My god-- How could it be on my inquiry? I am totally shocked.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Notify EQUIFAX of the UNAUTHORIZED inquiry and demand it be removed!!!

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks George!

Should I call equifax or send them the letter??

Thanks agian.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter a whole lot...they can refuse to delete it by mail and by phone (THEY PASSED A NEW LAW~NOT BY CONGRESS OR SENATE OR PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION THAT MAKES INQUIRES HARDER
    TO DELETE)...

7. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I guess I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks again.

8. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

FACS West

It's a department store chain, macys, and The Bon in the Pacific NW. I just got a Bon Card and that's what showed.

My2kGT

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: FACS West

My web search for this name turned up a resume for a woman in Arizona who must have worked in the collections department of that chain then, and I jumped to a conclusion. Here is the link I found:

http://www.public.asu.edu/~jannl/UpdatedResume0.html

The woman lists her job there as "bill adjuster" with what seemed to be collections duties. Sorry if I caused you some heart failure. :)

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I did some searching on this FACS West and came up with a credit union site.

Credit union membership is open to any employee of:
    Bloomingdales
    Burdines
    FACS South
    FACS West
    Federated Logistics
    FSG
    Macy's
    Stern's

It looks as though all of them are affiliated, if this helps.

Erica

11. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have an inquire on my Equifax file like: Facs/Macys.com

12. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I have a macy's account too and requested a credit line increase last year. Their inquiry shows as "FACS WEST".
    Hope this helps

13. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks you all!

I really appreciate your input. I told her not to pull my credit report but she didn't say anything, not even ask me if she can pull my credit report. Give me such a hard time.

Thanks again you all I really appreciate.

14. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Well..as you guess!

I just called exquifax and they refused to delete or oven reclassify the inquiry. I have been told that I will have to call FACS West and ask them to delete.