Anyone Please explain this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ard, Dec 14, 2000.

1. Ard

Ard Guest

I received credit report from Experian and I have 2 Charge-offs. One of them is from Providian. But I paid off already since 1998, but after I got this credit report I am not sure if I am right. Or I still owe them money. Please take a look at my credit report here :
    http://www.geocities.com/auxnitor/CRA.jpg
    Please advice

TIA
    Ard

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Anyone Please explain this

It says that your balance is $0. It probably means that it was charged off. It's probably pretty negative, still.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It sounds like Providian charged off your debt before you finished paying it off. They can do that actually. I would dispute the item at this point and hope they do not verify the item. If they dont you may be lucky enough to get it deleted.

roni

4. mt

mt Guest

My experian credit report has never looked like that -- how did you order it? Experian has been much easier to read as opposed to TransUnion or suquifax (sorry).

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Its a reformatted report.

Btw, you guys know the credit bureaus provide a nice page that describes (technically) how to read a credit report with diagrams and arrows pointing out what goes where, and what the various letters, etc mean right?

I don't remember them giving them out with free reports, i could be wrong.. Equifax used to give them out if you call and ask.

6. Ard

Ard Guest

It's 3 in 1 report from www.truecredit.com

Thanks

7. Ard

Ard Guest

Thanks. I will start to dispute it, by the way, what the reason should I put on my letter?

TIA
    Ard

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Easy! Dispute the items as Not Yours. The second time around you can dispute it as never late,in collection or charged off. Good Luck!

roni

9. Ard

Ard Guest

Thank you so much, I will send out the letter as soon as possilble.

Thanks again.
    Ard