Anyone w/BK get Nextcard?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zcraws33, May 15, 2001.

1. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

If so, what card product and/or terms were you offered?

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I got it. Do a search on "Nextcard" and you will see my detailed posts on it.

There is a catch here...

Nextcard pulled EX and TU.
    EX has 3 discharged accounts and TU has 2 showing from 1998.
    However, I cannot find any public record of the BK on these credit reports.

On Equifax, the BK is listed in the public record.

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I was denied in 03/2001. My status is bk-13 discharged in summer of 2000.

See my post on Nextcard Question.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

yes, bk7 discharged 12.98
    I have 9 very active credit lines since. Approx score at time of approval was mid 630s.

I got 750 cl w/6.99 intro rate, 14.9 or so var rate now. got it in 1/2001. trying for cl increase for b/transfers right now. will find out tomorrow.

they feel much more prime but they're more cautious. makes sense. I've had only positive experiences with them so far.

5. zcraws33

Got up the courage to apply.

approved for secured card only.

$480 SECURED CL
    22.99%

i called them and they told me I only qualified for this card. recently found out my transunion score is 664. no delinquencies since bankruptcy. It is 6 years old now.

I can only assume I qualified for SECURED because I do already have 13 open accounts ( a couple of the credit lines are over $5000.00 each) .A few of the cards do currently have high balances (I will paying these off next month). But most of my cards have no balance.

About 3 of my cards are subprime cards. I wanted to rid myself of these and replace them with "possibly" prime cards. Nextcard being one of them.

Do you guys think I should wait another 6 months, close some of my accounts and just reapply at that time?and possibly try for unsecured with a higher cl or should I take the "secured" card to just to get in with nextcard?

Tia
    SuzyQ

6. zcraws33

Oh yeah,

forgot to mention I called them (Nextcard) and they told me secured accounts are automatically reviewed after 6 months for either a "credit line increase" or possible unsecured status.

7. zcraws33

/