Anyone wanna start a "500 club"?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Andrew, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I have socres all in the 520's. I need support from those who are with me now. If anyone is interested in uniting and sharing experience, let me know.

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

My application for the 500 club was declined by Citibank!!!!! lol

We would love to help you, please share your reports and we will go from there.

Welcome

3. benkind

benkind Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Andrew. From your posts, you and I are in nearly the exact same boat.

My scores are all in the low 500's, too.I've been working on my credit since June. I've had maybe 10 deletions total on all three reports.

I want a car. I have the money for the monthly payments, if I could get a sane interest rate.

And not to start a rant, but the real reason that I want to fix my credit is that I have this theory that very soon you won't be able to do ANYTHING if your credit is bad. There are already a lot of places where you can't get a job if your credit is bad.

Further, I think that all of the credit reporting agencies will eventually merge and you won't even be able to MOVE AWAY from your mistakes or choose credit according to what bureau they pull.

It's time to, "straighten up and fly right" as my grandmother would say!

Who's next?

4. river

river Well-Known Member

Count me in. All scores are in the low-mid 500's.

5. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

This is great!!! Thanks for the responses! Maybe we can learn from eachother and be in the 700's this time next year? Hmmm?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ME F.I.C.O. 685-704 DENIED CITIBANK
    WIFE F.I.C.O. 725-741 DENIED CITIBANK

7. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

George,
    What 3 reasons do they give you in your denial letter? Too much available credit?

jmart

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey GEORGE, why don't you just go ahead and put that in your auto signature?

9. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I think it is because he used all CAPS on his application and they thought he was yelling at them and threw it in the trash!

LOL J/K

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I think it was because I ONLY USE BLUE BIC PENS...They said use BLACK INK...I SAID NO!

(Actually on-line and I do ONLY USE CAPS)

My wife filled out some on-line thing for the bank (checking)...they called on the phone and asked if we don't have any capital letters, because she used ALL lower case letters!!!

11. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm in the 500 club also.. I started my credit repair in July with a lowly 505 score.. Today, it's showing 575, so hopefully I'll be in the '600 club' in the next couple months..

jmart

12. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

LoL

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

dont feel bad 500'ers. I was stuck there for 14 months. Now im in the 650'er club, and i am still denied for everything but citi.. I mean everything.. Oh well time to pipe down quite applying, and wait a year to reach the 680-700'ers club and try again...

14. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

TU-500
    EX-566 (CE Score)
    EQ-541 (Myfico.com)

My Fico went down from 586 in March. I only have 2 cards and lots of negs. Been doing this since March full-time, and on and off for the last 1 1/2 years. First report is dated 12/28/1999.

15. benkind

benkind Well-Known Member

jmart,

Is that your Equifax score? I have an experian of (should go out this week) 589 and an equifax of 489. Have no idea about TU.

Welcome!

16. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Just to give you guys an idea of what I started with and what I have now:

Experian
    3/26/01
    13 Negatives
    4 Positives
    9/13/01
    7 Negatives
    8 Positives

Equifax
    3/27/01
    9 Negatives
    4 Positives
    9/4/01
    9 Negatives (1 is duplicated)
    7 Positives

Trans Union
    4/13/01
    10 Negatives
    7 Positives
    9/10/01
    6 Negatives
    8 Positives

Overall, not too great, but I have definately upped my positive to negative ratio.

17. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

My credit scores range from 650-680 through the 3 bureaus. Maybe we could have a 600 club too! Or, we could just help each other out with our credit regardless of score. Either way is kosher to me.

18. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

That's a better idea , Matty.

I suppose that I'm just so sick of seeing my 5oo score and I'm beginning to feel alone.

19. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I broke 500 today!

On CE - it's only 501, and I know that is still really low, but its up from 424 after two months. A long way to go, but it feels like progress now.

20. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Erica,

Looks like you're doing a great job with Experian. I recently submitted my first dispute to them via CreditExpert, so wish me luck. Why are you still showing 9 negatives for Equifax? I've found them to be the best at removing incorrect information. Are you disputing online?

I just got my Equifax back yesterday and was ecstatic to see 2/3 deletions. The other account was updated and now shows I-8 instead of Chargeoff. Would this be a good time to pay the original creditor now? It never went third party and is well under $300.00.