Anyone wanna start a "500 club"?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Andrew, Sep 18, 2001.

1. far gone

far gone Well-Known Member

I would love to join the 500 club!! 586 experian 480 trans union...have no idea about equifax...how can I get that score..got 1 neg 3 positive checked it about 3 months ago and had a 519....don't figure...:)

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I am on the cusp of 500-600. No idea what TU score is; EQ is 608 (that is with several deletions of lates and inquiries) and EXP is 540. EXP has been my hardest thus far. Not just deletions, but getting correct info-for instance, a closed account reported as closed; then getting it reported as closed by me, rather than the creditor.

I have really gotten aggressive w/cleanup in the last 4-5 months, and haven't seen any major boosts to score. I started off w/a 570 on EQ-and fought for every point that I have attained thus far. I have added two new accounts in April, and have paid everything on time for over a year. I still have some high balance ratios, so I think that is what is hurting me most right now.

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

keltexx,

that is exactly it! High balance ratios...they're killing me too!!! I'm going to defer my student loans and take the next 6 mos to pay off other debt!!! Let's see what this does to my score.

4. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

My student loans have just come out of deferrment-not certain how much impact this is having on my score, since it appears that the account is now "new."

Also have quite a few "Duplicate" student loans on my TU and EQ that were portions of the total amount, which may be impacting score somewhat. Have successfully resolved this on EXP, so I hope for success on the others.

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Equifax has been the hardest for me. I actually am thinking about a lawsuit with them. They are the CRA responsible for my charging privileges being revoked by a current creditor (with whom I've had EXCELLENT HISTORY). They are also reporting a negative twice. VIOLATION!!! I hope that a lawsuit will resolve this.

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Erica,

Are you disputing online? It's been working great for me an I have the world's worst credit!

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I have been, but since I had disputes in process (thanks Junum) I wasn't allowed to enter anymore disputes. Experian is done now exclusively online through CreditExpert. TU, I don't know where to dispute. Every 3rd time I get an updated report from them it is from my local affiliate. 2/3's of the time it is directly from TU themselves.

This has been a very frustrating process!!! I almost want to pull my hair out.

Overall, my experiences show this:

Experian=best for deletions
    TU=second best for deletions
    Equifax=Freakin worst.

Although,

Experian Customer Service=SUCKS!!! Rude reps lead to angry consumers
    TU=Haven't had to call yet, but getting frustrated with the different report thing
    Equifax= Again, haven't had to call yet, but thinking about it.

8. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Erica...TU cust service reps are soooooo nice. Correspondence with them isn't all that great, but the phone reps are nice. Experian cust service reps are the rudest of them all....I do however agree that online, Experian is probably the best though. Equifax cust service reps are also pretty nice.